Fresh Install, what do I need?
Hi all,

My PC that I was running XBMC on recently died (well the HDD with my media AND the HDD with my OS on it are both goners Sad )

So I ordered a new 30gig SSD drive for Windows 7 and a 2TB WD Green Drive for my media.

Basically I am going to do a completely fresh install and just wanted to check if there was any pre-reqs that I need to install to get optimised playback - such as codecs? Or is everything XBMC needs included with it.

As far as I gather from reading the wiki, a fresh install, with all my drivers upto date should be ok? I want to ensure I have DXVA2 enabled to playback my HD content.

I plan on running:
Windows 7 64 bit
XBMC latest stable
couch potato
sickbeard
sabnzbd+

HW will be:
CPU/Mobo - Amd Athlon X2 4600+ / M2N4-sli
RAM - 4gig DDR2
GPU: Ati Radeon 5450 512MB DDR3 low profile
OS Drive - OCZ Vertex Series 30GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive
Media Drive - Western Digital Caviar Green Power 2TB 64MB Cache Hard Disk Drive SATAII

Thanks all Big Grin
That all looks good to me. The GPU supports DXVA

You don't need any extra codecs as they are in XBMC but make sure your drivers are up to date.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Ok this will be my first try at setting up XBMC, I have my main system for only a few weeks. AMD 6core 8 gig, and soon to get a stand alone system or NAS to do this properly.
I'm looking at HP Proliant microserver there is a fella that makes Home Theater PCs with them, From what Ive read they it should do all I need.
Only need it to send to 1 TV a Samsung UA40C7000WF do I need an App running on the TV to get XBMC working ?
Looking to use a Harmony Remote anything special about its setup ?

So looking at the OP. I have never setup couch potato, sickbeard or sabnzbd+.
Is there other back ground software needed ?

So If someone could ether list all that I need or point me at the right pages, I would be thankful.
Star 
RogueMuppet: Welcome to the forums... it's probably not polite to ask another question, kinda like hijacking the thread, but I see it has some relevance, but you would cast a wider net if you posted stand alone.

You might want to voice your questions over at http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112 I'm sure the pros will help you out.
Thanks. PatK
yep this is a purity old post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh Install, what do I need?0