XMBC process still running after program is closed
I am running the latest XBMC with Win7 on a capable PC using Neon skin.
After a close XBMC the process still shows as running, so it fails to start the next time I want to launch it. I have tried using Alt-F4 as well as the shutdown menu in the actual program. They both give the same results. How can I get the process to end consistently and automatically?
Quote:taskmanager, Processes, Click XBMC.exe, Click End Process, Confirm.

that happens when you don't use the In-Program Shutdown Menu.
Press S, Then Select Shutdown (or Quit XBMC if using the Night Skin) and it may take up to 20sec to fully shutdown.
naythinbrynt Wrote:I have tried using Alt-F4 as well as the shutdown menu in the actual program. They both give the same results.

That was the first thing I tried. Over the past week I've consistently shutdown the program in this fashion. The process still hangs.
can you post a full debug log please? Just to clarify you dont have it set to minimize to the task bar do you?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
There are at least two bugs in v10.1 that can cause this. One of them I managed to find, but the other has so far eluded me. If you post the debug log that may give some clues.

It might be worth trying a nightly build from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ as these have fixed at least one bug. However export your library before you try the nightly build, as the nightly build will upgrade the library to a version that v10.1 can't use.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC process still running after program is closed0