Download HTTP files using XBMC/ATV2?
Hi
Sorry for the newb question....
I would like to download movie files (AVI/MKV) direct to my Time Capsule using XBMC and/or ATV2. Is this possible or do I still need to use my Mac or PC?
Many thanks
gr4z Wrote:Hi
Sorry for the newb question....
I would like to download movie files (AVI/MKV) direct to my Time Capsule using XBMC and/or ATV2. Is this possible or do I still need to use my Mac or PC?
Many thanks

There are command line torrent clients and downloaders that will work on the ATV2, but I'm told that there is no way to mount a network share in iOS, so any method would have to use some kind of "download first to ATV2, then copy using a client of some kind". There's no easy way to do it, and you'll likely have to do some trailblazing here.

In any case it's not really an XBMC specific thing, unless someone did something like write a front end add-on for XBMC to control the command line process. The ATV2 does have 8GB of internal storage, so if you don't actually want to keep these files but want to download them and watch them once, XBMC should be able to play the files from HTTP.

There are also some NAS options out there that could complement or replace your Time Capsule that can manage downloads via HTTP, torrent, and many other options.
Not really no.

But....
You could look into sick beard (tv)
Couch potatoe for movies

They would give you a out of site out of mind way to manage your files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download HTTP files using XBMC/ATV2?0