Menu Headings are 1/4 height and unreadable
Please help... I just installed Dhama version on a media pc and cannot read the menu headings. I have tried all the resolutions on the pc with no success.
PC is a Via Epia Mini Atx system
VIA C3™/ VIA Eden™ ESP processor
1 DDR266 DIMM
Integrated VIA UniChrome AGP graphics S3
VIA VT16166-channel AC’97 codec
Windows 7 ultimate with the latest patches (as of today)
Monitor is a 19 inch lcd no-name

log is posted on pastebin.com - warlock_64

thanks in advance
Can you post the URL for the copy of the log on pastebin.

JR
http://pastebin.com/NjN4DXdp

sorry about that... i am new to pastebinBlush
Hmm, I can't see anything obviously wrong in the log, the the warning "CD3DTexture::Create - format changed from 28 to 21" is new to me.

Can you enable debug logging then close XBMC, then start and close it again and post the log on pastebin. That way the debug logging will be on during the initialisation.

JR
Thanks for your help JR
here is the full log post

cheers
http://pastebin.com/LCKbQwQV
For some reason XBMC is running at 800x600 even though your screen resolution is set to 1024x768. Can you try going into System settings, System, Video output and change the XBMC resolution to match your screen, or I suppose you could change your screen to match the XBMC resolution.

I would guess the problem is some quirk of your VIA/S3G CLE266 video adapter and it's DirectX3D support. I note that it doesn't support D3D9Ex so XBMC is having to fall back to D3D9. It might be worth deleting the guisettings.xml file to reset all the settings to the defaults. A quick way to do this is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata"

(including the quotes) and click OK. This will open an Explorer window showing various files, one of which is guisettings.xml. If you delete the guisettings.xml then next time you start XBMC it will create a new guisettings.xml with default settings.

JR
Thanks again JR, i already tried to alter both desktop and system resolution,
But it only made it worse.... I also tried a reinstall in case it was just a quirky install but that also made no difference. I will try your recomendation and let you know how it goes, but after installing it on my main desktop and running it with soulmote on my ipad, i think i will update the old media pc motherboard to fully utilise the program... I love it

Cheers and thanks again for your support
Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Headings are 1/4 height and unreadable0