m2ts from Sony
I know this has been brought up before, but I would love for xbmc to be the only video portal I use on my htpc. I have an Asrock 330 running windows 7. These sony m2ts files run fine on the sony pmb software and I get them to run on the JR River media program. I know I could convert them but that would be a rather large undertaking given the number of videos I have. Has anyone gotten a solution for this?
We need more details, are you talking about 1080p/60 videos from your Sony camcorder?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:We need more details, are you talking about 1080p/60 videos from your Sony camcorder?

Sorry. These are the files as gotten from media info...:

General
ID : 0
Complete name : I:\Sony Backup\2-14-2010\20100210183414.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : BluRay Video
File size : 431 MiB
Duration : 3mn 28s
Overall bit rate : 17.3 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 18.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Bit rate : 16.2 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.261

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Video delay : -67ms

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Video delay : -133ms
You shouldn't have any problems with those types of videos on a normal PC, those are pretty standard AVCHD 1080p60i clips. But since you're running on an ION platform, the CPU is not powerful enough to do de-interlacing in software mode, what you may be running into is a a lack of hardware accelerated DXVA2 de-interlacing.

A patch was recently submitted and is being reviewed for inclusion in the next version of XBMC. I'd follow that thread for more information and updates. You may want to try the author's customized build with the de-interlacing support built in, if it works for you, then you know what the problem is.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
will do. Thanks for your response.
I'm running my high def MTS home vids from my panasionic camera perfectly using the DSPLAYER build of XBMC.
I don't know if that would be an option for you?

If I can help, let me know.

Cheers,
Maarten
st graveyard Wrote:I'm running my high def MTS home vids from my panasionic camera perfectly using the DSPLAYER build of XBMC.
I don't know if that would be an option for you?

If I can help, let me know.

Cheers,
Maarten

That didn't work for me. Neither did the deinterlacing build. What computer do you use it on? I must be out of luck. The most frustrating part is that I know it is possible to run on my asrock because it works in certain programs like JR River Media Center and in Sony's PMB software that came with the camera...
Hi,

I'm using an intel I5, 4gigs of ram and (sadly) an intel GPU.

I installed FFDSHOW (no other codec pack) and installed the dsplayer version. Currently, my mts files run beautifully in xbmc, but my DVDs and bluray rips run better using the standard DVDplayer in XBMC compared to DSPLAYER. Need to figure that out...
I'm now trying to use upscaling using FFDSHOW on my DVDs, also, currently, without success :-)

Cheers,
Maarten
I have issues with my camcorder files as well, Sony MTS files, 1080i/60fps. If I have DXVA enabled they play with the picture garbled and green splotches. CPU is a Dual Core Athlon 64 5600+, and they don't play back in XBMC without DXVA because XBMC doesn't seem to use both cores for playback anymore.

My solution was to set up MPC-HC as an external player for MTS files. I also needed to set MPC-HC up with external Microsoft filters, because nothing seemed to play these files back correctly except Windows Media Player that came with Windows 7. (Windows Media Player can be set up as an external player as well, but this doesn't play nicely with my remote).

The old DSPlayer builds could handle them if I set it up to use the Microsoft Codecs, but they were so buggy otherwise that I couldn't use XBMC for anything else. This was a headache to set up, but once I got it working, I've been very satisfied with the solution. It would be nicer if XBMC just handled them properly in the first place.

Incidentally, my WDTV Live Plus in the bedroom plays them back fine, but older firmware's didn't. The PS3 can also play them back with no issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m2ts from Sony0