NZB Streaming
Hi,
I know this questions have been asked before but I was unable to find a definite answer for it. Is NZB Streaming possible in XBMC 10.1? if so how.

I know xbmc has rar support but what I don't understand why it can play rar files as I download them.

I tried to create a video source to the incomplete folder of SABNZB but it doesn't recognize any of the rar files.

I am sort of lost can someone please point me in the right directions as to how I can view these rar files.

Thanks
Sarosh
I read somewhere there is an advanced setting in the config file for sabnzbd to enable streaming. Check on the sabnzbd forums. It is only available in the very latest beta of sabnzbd.

For this functionality, however, I suggest using icefilms.
You need to head on over to this thread [RELEASE] NZBS.org/NZB.su - download and stream all the hard works been done Smile
Thanks guys, I tried NZBS.org/NZB.su but it didn't work for me. Script was able to post the file to sabnzbd but didn't play it. So I don't know if I am missing something.
sarosh Wrote:Thanks guys, I tried NZBS.org/NZB.su but it didn't work for me. Script was able to post the file to sabnzbd but didn't play it. So I don't know if I am missing something.

You need to ensure that you are running the latest version of Sabnzbd+ (0.6.0 or higher). It has a new flag in the config file that enables streaming (it's in the nzbs plugin post details). You must enable this flag by editing the config file.

Also, the Sabnzbd+ working folder must be accessible to the plugin (shared, or same computer).

Finally, try with different NZBs...some may not be archived right (rar names, method compressed, etc). Most work for me.

EDIT:
Prerequisites:
SABnzbd 0.6.0 (latest beta) where you set "allow_streaming = 1" in sabnzbd.ini
SABnzbd has to have some default post processing like +delete
The incomplete folder of SABnzbd has to be read-writable by XBMC

Another edit:
Once the above prerequisites are met, you need the nzbs plugin and the nzb.su plugin (to browse nzb.su indexing site). You also need to fill in all the relevant details for the plugins (folders, API keys, etc).

It didn't work for me at first until I realized I wasn't running the latest Sabnzbd+, and couldn't add that allow_streaming=1 to the ini file. Simple really.

Cheers.
Thanks

I am using SABnzbd Version: 0.6.2 and allow_streaming = 1. Configuration for NZBs points to local folder on my c drive c:\Document and Settings\%username%\Downloads\Incomplete
You need to run XBMC as an Administrator (right click > run as administrator)
Once again thanks folks, I am using windows xp and I am a local admin of the machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NZB Streaming0