[Help] - LCD - Alaska Revisited
Hi All,

Is there someone who can me help wit the following:

I am using Alaska Revisited 2.7.6 (Default Home Layout), and I am very happy with it but I want to improve one thing:

When I am at ‘Home’ in XBMC my LCD is not showing the current (main) menu option so it’s showing:

First line: Home
Second line:

While with other skins and also with Alaska Revisited Mod 1.8.6 (Default Home Layout) it is showing (e.g. Movies):

First line: Home
Second line: Movies

With Alaska Revisited 2.7.6 when I press down or up in Movies, the sub-option is showed (e.g. Play random movie).

I have tried to find I myself and with Alaska it’s controlled by Includes_HomeDefault.xml I guess, because when I use the one from Alaska Revisited Mod 1.8.6 it’s working (obviously other thing are broken than).

I tried to find I myself but maybe someone can help in the right correction because I already tried some stuff without success.

FYI: I want this fixed because otherwise you can’t use XBMC without a TV.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Mark
Is this a readout on some sort of LCD device?
Oops deleted double post.
Hitcher Wrote:Is this a readout on some sort of LCD device?

First of all thanks for your reply!

Indeed. It's the LCD of my HTPC. Unfortunalty the skin doesn't send the main menu options like Movies, TV Shows et cetera while the mod version worked correctly. I think it send an empty 'CurrentControl'.

If you need more info or pictures let me know.

Thanks,

Mark
Solved!:

In Includes_HomeDefault.xml the 'fixedlist' section for example (Apps):

<item id="1">
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(NoPrograms)</visible>
</item>

Is missing the label tag:

<item id="1">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31029]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(NoPrograms)</visible>
</item>

Now it works!

Regards,

Mark.

PS I looked at my ATV2 with the nightly builds, with Alaska Revisited looks like it's already solved in that version.
Would be nice to know which LCD you're using.
TomPiXX Wrote:Would be nice to know which LCD you're using.

Hi I have a VF210 VFD (OrigenAE case) but this was skin related (the label wasn't set) so will happen with all LCD's.

Regards,

Mark
Hmm. Wondering... my LCD (also VFD / Silverstone case) doesn't show any infos like your's.
How did you realize that?
TomPiXX Wrote:Hmm. Wondering... my LCD (also VFD / Silverstone case) doesn't show any infos like your's.
How did you realize that?

Hi,

Which OS do you use? Does it work with other skin's? It's all about the correct driver. I use OpenElec and there my LCD works out the box.

Did you need enable it in XBMC (settings) ?

Regards,

Mark
deraaij Wrote:Hi,

Which OS do you use? Does it work with other skin's? It's all about the correct driver. I use OpenElec and there my LCD works out the box.

Did you need enable it in XBMC (settings) ?

Regards,

Mark

I have an origen case, and after spending what seems like weeks trawling through lcdproc guides (all of which are between 5 and 1 year out of date) I eventually gave up.

If you have your VFD working on linux, or even better on xbmc-live 10.1 I'd love to hear how exactly you are doing that. It has pretty much driven me to tears at this point.
Jimmeh Wrote:I have an origen case, and after spending what seems like weeks trawling through lcdproc guides (all of which are between 5 and 1 year out of date) I eventually gave up.

If you have your VFD working on linux, or even better on xbmc-live 10.1 I'd love to hear how exactly you are doing that. It has pretty much driven me to tears at this point.

You could test if it works with openelec out of the box (on a usb drive), you need to choose the IRtrans as the driver via the openlec addon.

Regards,

Mark

PS if that works I could help you find the stuff we used to get it working under Openelec.
deraaij Wrote:You could test if it works with openelec out of the box (on a usb drive), you need to choose the IRtrans as the driver via the openlec addon.

Regards,

Mark

PS if that works I could help you find the stuff we used to get it working under Openelec.

I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back. Thanks Smile
Jimmeh Wrote:I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back. Thanks Smile

Np! Goodluck.
deraaij Wrote:Np! Goodluck.

I'm reading through the openelec documentation now and it looks as if it can replace my live installation anyway.

However, nowhere on the site does it say what versions of things it contains (like XBMC) or what features it has over an XBMC live installation other than being quick and easy to setup.

Guess I will have to give it a try and find out for myself. Working on that now Wink
No luck so far, the screen doesn't have a display at all, not even the default welcome message so I'm wondering if its even possible to get working in linux. Its a VF310, maybe you were lucky enough to get a VF210 and yours works out of the box Sad

Trying to figure out how to edit the lirc config on openelec, not getting very far. Gah!

Just tried a development build 20110612, set it to imon and it now says "Welcome to OpenElec" on the screen. I'm so happy I could cry tears of joy. Now I just need to figure out how to make it work with XBMC Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Help] - LCD - Alaska Revisited1