[ATV2] Codec issues ?
Hi all,

First of all, completely new to XBMC and until last night was an ATV jailbreak virgin !

Jailbrake via Seas0nPass, no problems there - installed NitoTV from the standard set of intructions posted everywhere, but this is where I made my first mistake. Not realising that XBMC was installable directly from NitoTV I began the XBMC install via ssh. However, i typo'd the xbmc.list like a noob, which of course threw up a bunch of errors and prevented me from installing via NitoTV, so, fixed the typo in the source list and proceeded to install from NitoTV. That all appeared to work fine, I installed a couple of other apps, such as hdRemote, overflow ( think thats it ). Then started playing with XBMC - added my SMB sources etc.. however, whenever I try to play Mp4's, M2TS and ( some, maybe not all MKVs ), XBMC bombs out to Apple TV desktop. AVI's seem to work perfectly.

Any tips for a first timer ?

Thanks,

Kerb.
Only H264 encodes are decoded by the hardware, everything else is done via software and the A4 chip in the isnt the most powerful for video decoding.

Its covered in the FAQ stickie http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581
you didnt say what version iOS you have on atv2... if its 4.3 you will need the nightlies, its covered in stickies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Codec issues ?0