WindowXML ColorDifusse set using $INFO breaks XBMC
Sad 
I just updated part of my script to set the colordiffuse using some Addon Settings. Therefor I set this property on the window:

Code:
self.setProperty("XOT_DimBackground", "99ffffff")

The Image is created like this in the WindowXML skin:

Code:
<control type="image">
  <description>DimBackground image</description>
  <posx>-15</posx>
  <posy>-15</posy>
  <width>940</width>
  <height>505</height>
  <colorkey>0</colorkey>
  <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
  <colordiffuse>$INFO[Container(50).Property(XOT_DimBackground)]</colordiffuse>
  <visible>True</visible>
  <texture>xot_ContentPanel.png</texture>
</control>

It all appears fine, until I click on a button, then XBMC freezes and this message is logged an very large amount of times (it takes up 100% of a single CPU core):
Code:
20:44:50 T:6260 M:910901248   ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
20:44:50 T:6260 M:910880768   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

I am running a very recent (29th of May) nighlty build. I'll try another compile and report back.
FYI: I get the exact same error when I use a textbox without <font>-tag in a skin other than Confluence (tested with Night and Alaska). This happens in Dharma, did not test it with Eden yet. Also XBMC does not freeze, I still can navigate around but I can't launch addons anymore and can't quit XBMC.

As soon as I add the <font>-tag everything works fine again.
It would be useful to have some scripts that allow these to be easily reproduced. Post the details on trac and feel free to cc me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I already made such a script. Will open a trac ticket tonight.
Ticket created.
It should be fixed (the font issue specifically). Will need a script to test the $INFO colordiffuse issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It should be fixed (the font issue specifically). Will need a script to test the $INFO colordiffuse issue.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11612
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WindowXML ColorDifusse set using $INFO breaks XBMC0