Video overlay
Hola,

I'm having an... interesting time learning to mod a skins.
As I am not very coding literate my approach has been to fiddle with existing skins and see what effect it has (or effect i'm hoping it has with help from the skinning wiki)

However now I am trying to experiment with making the background of the skin a video or even move the little video window (when your browsing menus etc). However I don't know what i'm looking for in the wiki or the xmls.

I have tried reading the wiki but I quickly get confused with sections.

For example the view I want to change is in view_fanart.xml but I don't know the tag for the now playing video.

Could anyone help me with a term/part of the wiki/example

Many thanks

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Control
Red face = Me

Thanks

Actually one further question, If I may:

The skin i'm editing doesn't seem to use that tag
It only uses it in the home.xml (for which I have successfully changed)

Is there another may skinners accomplish this?

My current logic interprets this:
Quote:<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + !Player.HasVideo + !SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left)</visible>
as
"Asking if content is a movie or tv show + is the player playing video? (don't understand the rest!)"

PHP Code:
!SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left

is just a check that the 'previous folder' item isn't selected.

And the other way to show the now playing video window is to use the VideoOverlay.xml although, as the name implies, it overlays other windows.
Well i'm stumped.

I can't figure out how it displays the video over the skin if it isn't using either (VideoOverlay.xml is empty)

I've tried searching for "video" and the xml doesn't contain that. I'm sure its the right xml and I changed a fixedlist to a list and it showed the change in the skin. According to a search in the skin folder only the home.xml and script-Rom_Collection_Browser-gameinfo.xml contain "videowindow".

https://github.com/bartowski/skin.night/...Fanart.xml

Thanks for your help.

(Misfits is way better than Psychoville :p)

Oh yea and most of the night xml have Alaska at the top which I don't understand - giving credit to the skin?

The plot thickens:
I put:
Quote:<control type="videowindow" id="2">
<description>My first video control</description>
<posx>900</posx>
<posy>500</posy>
<width>360</width>
<height>220</height>
<visible>true</visible>
</control>
In another xml (Viewtype_Wall.xml) and that view turns up in Viewtype_Landscape_Fanart.xml view in addition to the video window in that view:

ARGHHH!!

pseudo7 Wrote:Oh yea and most of the night xml have Alaska at the top which I don't understand - giving credit to the skin?

It was built using Alaska as the base.
Persistence pays off!
Managed to fix the double display issue!

Now:

So using the link you gave me I managed to put a video in the bottom right of the wall screen.

For some reason if it isn't displaying a video (when playing one in the background) after 20 seconds its starts to stutter the sound then crash. On going back to the video it accelerates until the audio and video are in sync

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video overlay0