should i expect a result if <include name="SubFlaggingConditions">
<control type="image">
<description>Closed Captioning Image</description>
<width>60</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>$INFO[Window([12003]).Property(SubtitleInfo),sub/,.png]</texture>
</control>

is in the skin while the script is executed?
if you remove the square brackets, you might get a result, yes

Code:
$INFO[Window(12003).Property(SubtitleInfo),sub/,.png]
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i have the script running on focus of the window. and i ca nseeit being executed in the debug log. now im just alittle confused on how i would use the result to display an image. what i want to do is create a studio flag condition im my includecodecflagging.xml and then just use the include name to add to the group of media flags already in the dialoug window. could i use a visible to get it to work or how do i go about , been trying to figure it out. still learning and reading as much as i can about skinning but i dont know too much about python scriptsinteraction with the skin. but i am a quick learner
since the window property will return 'true', you'll have to create a true.png image in your case.

so skin.foo/media/sub/true.png must exist.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:if you remove the square brackets, you might get a result, yes

Code:
$INFO[Window(12003).Property(SubtitleInfo),sub/,.png]

yeah i tried that and still dont see any expected results.. hmmm
ronie Wrote:since the window property will return 'true', you'll have to create a true.png image in your case.

so skin.foo/media/sub/true.png must exist.

right i understood that from the code and i did just that. true.png and nothing yet.
hmm...add a label control to DialogVideoInfo.xml
to check if the script does indeed return anything

Code:
<label>Sub: $INFO[Window(12003).Property(SubtitleInfo)]</label>
i think the window id could be the problem.

try:
Code:
$INFO[Window(2003).Property(SubtitleInfo)]
tried it all, 12003, returns nothign, and 2003 return nothign when set to a label in dailoug window. i am using a generic addon.xml to run the script it is saying the srcit ran with succes and it does error out sayingit could find the script at firts then it fallbacks to wehre i have it stored and then runs. i know this has to do with my extension point but that should not be an issue right?
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.subtitleinfo"
       name="XBMC Subtitleinfo"
       version="0.1"
       provider-name="cruzannavy">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
    </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.library"
             library="default.py" />
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary lang="en">XBMC Subtitles</summary>

<description lang="en">etc...</description>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>
im am selecting folders with srt files in them. i changed the code to 2003 in all the places i had it, and it fails the script that way , but still retunrs no value in the dialouge screen. i am on dharma 10.1 btw. so this is working for you? you get a vaule returned if you set it to a label?
eh, hope you didn't change the id in the script, that one has to be 12003.
but in the skin you should use 2003, or even better:

Code:
$INFO[Window(MovieInformation).Property(SubtitleInfo)]

or just:

Code:
$INFO[Window.Property(SubtitleInfo)]

i've only tested the eden code i've posted.
will check the dharma one as soon as i have a minute to spare :-)
well i initially tired to do it in the script but it failed immediately, ( and i figured it had to be the absolute window id for the script so i changed it back after it failed)
no i didnt change the page id either , i verified that aswell before i got started and i tried both the the codes ( from the wiki, 12003 2003) for the window id ill try the normal name approach instead of window id. and try some more things but i havent had any look retunring any labels or values. could it be launching the script to late to populate that info ? but it should populate that info dynamically even if i run the script via a separate button for testing purposes. it should auto fill that label on the script execution right? i have it to auto run on focus of the default button on the dialog window. thanks for helping me out and bouncing ideas around. hopefully ( hahah) it doesnt work on your end either and it not me F'ing it up somehow. or hopefully u get it to work on your end. thanks!

ill try the normal name now

Yeah no luck with the normal name
in the script, change:
Code:
self.PATH = params.get( "path", "" )[1:-4]
to
Code:
self.PATH = params.get( "path", "" )[:-3]

that should be it :-)
2 questions.
the script is workign for me, but i have 2 observations. i dotn beleive this takes into account files tha have 4 cahracters for extensions ie. m2ts ? could i just add another line and say -4 or would it need more coding than that?

also, is there a way to tell the script to fetch the window id and then use that instead of hard coding it to 12003. that way i can use the script on whatever view has focus? thanks for all the help!

note. i did change it to -4 and it did pick up the m2ts and not the avi or mp4 obviously because it was one character off, ill trya and read up and see how to make the argument do either or ?
any guideance anyone... would it be a waste of time to use two scipts? ie one set yo -3 and one set to -4 ? or would they conflict?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage0