Fanart/Banners Slow to Load
So I have extrafanart enabled, I have all my fanart and logos in the TV folders on my PC, connected through SMB. Sometimes they are painfully slow to load, leaving the screen black.

Would copying all of them directly to the ATV2 and selecting them from there speed things up?
Yes, I'm having the same problem with smb share, this happens also with movies and tvseries.
I have them directly on my ATv and they can still be slow to load. I'm sure better than on the network, but not as fast as they loaded on my xbmc pc that I had.
I would blame the A4 processor and 256MB RAM for slow loading of banners. You can't really compare a power-sipping ATV2 with even an Acer Revo in terms of raw performance. Everything is a little sluggish to me, even with Quartz skin and no tnails / fanart.
Yes, right. But with the semi-nightly of may 15th I notice a rather better performance at visual effects AND loading of thumbnails/fanarts

so having in mind that the AppleTV needs almost no power, the interface is nearly perfectly usable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart/Banners Slow to Load0