Broadcom Crystal HD, is it MAGIC for MAC OS X 10.6 or 10.7 as well
Hi everyone,

I'd like to check with you guys if crystalhd-for-osx supports MAC OS X 10.6 or 10.7

Thanks a lot

Best Regards RW
I know for sure that it works with 10.6 because I tried it on a friend's hackintosh running 10.6. Not sure about 10.7, but I suspect it would be fine.
Hi Let me answer it myself.

No it doesn't work with MAC OS X 10.7 as it is a 64bit OS

According by the developer, it doesn't support 64-bit darwin kernel kext drivers
Running 10.7 on a MacMini that can support CrystalHD is just plain silly. Stick to 10.6.8 and you will be fine.
Good evening everybody,

I just started a couple of days ago with XBMC Eden and to reanimate my 2006 MacMini and I love XBPC!!! - have ordered now from China a Broadcom Crystalhd card - the BCM70012. My Mac Mini runs on 10.6.8. However, I´m not sure if the latest OS X driver support the Suspend Mode and Wake On Lan...Huh Someone experianced about this? I drive my Mac Mini/XBMC with the Iphone App "Constellation" and this works perfectly - Suspend Mode and WOL.
From some message board messages I understand that the current Broadcom drivers prevent the Mac Mini to enter the Suspend Mode...?

Best regards from Germany,

Matthias
The OSX CrystalHD driver does not support Suspend Mode.
Big Grin 
OK Davilla, this was my concern - but the 13 Euros for the BCM70012 from China will not kill meBig Grin Will stay then with... or recode the movies to 720P.
The current possibility to remote control XBMC via "Constellation" is more important for me.
davilla Wrote:Running 10.7 on a MacMini that can support CrystalHD is just plain silly. Stick to 10.6.8 and you will be fine.

netbook hackintoshes need love too :D
My mac mini also deserves some sleep. Laugh
(2012-01-06, 21:59)davilla Wrote: The OSX CrystalHD driver does not support Suspend Mode.

Forgive my ignorance, but I know on, off, sleep and hibernate. Am I correct that suspend to ram is sleep and suspend to disk is hibernate?

Do you see any sleep in the future of the Mac OS Broadcom driver in your Crystal HD ball or do I have to resign myself to an always on Mini as my htpc? (unless I want to move to Linux or Windows on this system)
(2012-03-16, 19:42)mediumdry Wrote:
(2012-01-06, 21:59)davilla Wrote: The OSX CrystalHD driver does not support Suspend Mode.

Forgive my ignorance, but I know on, off, sleep and hibernate. Am I correct that suspend to ram is sleep and suspend to disk is hibernate?

Do you see any sleep in the future of the Mac OS Broadcom driver in your Crystal HD ball or do I have to resign myself to an always on Mini as my htpc? (unless I want to move to Linux or Windows on this system)

Sleep in OSX is just that, sleep. Silly details about suspend to ram or disk is handled by the OS. Worst thing Linux ever did was creating Sleep/Hibernate, I mean come on... Smile
Hi.

I have a Mac mine 1.83 GHz OS X 10.6.8.

I have install the XBMC 32bit.

I have install Broadcom Crystal HD.

But I cant See it is activated in the video settings.

And in system info I see Intel GMA 950.

How do I activate the Broadcom Crystal HD in XBMC.

Thanks.
(2014-03-19, 21:23)xmen Wrote: Hi.

I have a Mac mine 1.83 GHz OS X 10.6.8.

I have install the XBMC 32bit.

I have install Broadcom Crystal HD.

But I cant See it is activated in the video settings.

And in system info I see Intel GMA 950.

How do I activate the Broadcom Crystal HD in XBMC.

Thanks.

My config

Mac Mini 2006 with Core Dúo 2Ghz Upgrade
OSX 10.7
XBMC Gotham 32 Bits
Crystal HD
Kext installed with Kext Wizard (you have to be sure the kext is loaded before running XBMC)

The Crystal Card will show in Video>Acceleration in Expert mode

It works but right know I'm greeting some video issues like frame drops with out the drops showing in the playing video info (O key).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broadcom Crystal HD, is it MAGIC for MAC OS X 10.6 or 10.7 as well3