Recommended system
Hi,

I'm looking for a new system due to my current one is "too loud" (girlfriend). I have been recommended the ASRock Ion system from friends at work but wan't to know my options from experienced users. I would like for it to be plug and play with the remote from the live CD if possible and be able to play up to 1080p and be as quiet as possible. Now I know the ASRock ion system is quite old and was wondering what other systems is out there and preferred by you.

// Andreas
I've got an Asus 1501p in the bedroom and noise is not an issue at all. However, there is a white light on the top that indicates disk activity. It doesn't bother us anymore, but it was a concern.

I went with the Asus as it's got a DVD built in AND an IR receiver. It's very small, isn't too out of place in the bedroom (queue jokes now). I haven't tried the XBMC Live CD on it, but I think I've seen other posts in the forums that indicated some success.

Friend has a Revo 3610 which doesn't have the light problem, but also doesn't have the DVD drive (and I'm not sure about the IR receiver either). Those add to the cost and will be hanging off the case. They may not be important to you though.
why not buy the Fanless SHUTTLE XS35GT http://ow.ly/1s0ufN

you wont hear a thing!
If I read the specs on that shuttle correctly it can't take advantage of a gigabit network? Just don't want to run into any problems pulling large movie files off the server to the TV.
Zedd Wrote:If I read the specs on that shuttle correctly it can't take advantage of a gigabit network? Just don't want to run into any problems pulling large movie files off the server to the TV.

Works fine, you wont have issues because of the network speed, 100mbs is all you need to watch 1080p movies. I do it all the time with the XS35GT.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended system0