XBMC hangs at startup
Question 
Need help ..Please ...My XBMC hangs when starting up. I have Dharma 10.1 with windows 7 x32 SP1, ATI 6950 video card (driver v11.5b) and SSD drive using Aeon Skin with default Add-ons, no new add-ons have been added expect for this Aeon skin.

Problem: Quite a number of times when I load XBMC, the initial screen appears and "bang" .. the entire system locks up. The only way I can recover is hitting the reset button or turning the system off and on....it causes a hard lock. When I come back into XBMC after the reboot, the skin changes from Aeon to Confluence and I lose the skin configuration changes (not the folders defined for movies, music ...etc.) which I had made using Aeon. Even if I change the skin back to Aeon, the skin configuration is not restored.

This is starting to annoy me .... I researched and found some hits regarding Dharma beta and other issues but not similar to mine ... anybody recommend anything?
The skin settings are saved in guisettings.xml, and I'd guess this is getting deleted by the hard reset. That suggests the problem is something to do with disk i/o.

JR
Hi, why would the guisettings.xml be deleted ..it works for # of days, so the xml file is on the hard drive.
This is a SSD drive and I ran test on ...the tests reported back no errors. The system only hangs when loading XBMC and the hard drive lite is not on at this time.

Really appreciate you help ..anything else I can try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC hangs at startup0