Need help with ION2: no hdmi audio
Hi guys,
I've installed XBMC on my Netbook (Asus 1015PN) with Nvidia ION2...
I can get 1080p video over hdmi on my tv but I've got a strange behaviour with the audio: I can hear the "click" while choosing the video on my library but when I start playing the video I get no sound ... if I try to loud the volume of the pc I can see a red symbol in the right upper cornel showing direct sound in red.
I check in the system-audio option and I select hdmi for output and direct nvidia sound...
The only way to listen the sudio is to go in the sound-subtitle options while playing the video and slect ananlog audio. In that case I don't have the direct sound (I can change the volume instead of getting hi fixed sound) but it works.

Can you help me to understand how to get direct sound oer hdmi working?
Why it seems that we have 2 different settings for the audio (one for the xbmc interface and one for the video player)
Have you checked the settings in the NVidia control panel to ensure HDMI is being used for sound?
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Hi markino,

I had a simular problem, i asume you are using a tv, i had to go into sound settings in win 7 and select my tv as the sound source for the hdmi. also look at audio settings and set todirect audio i think not the wasapi.

hope it helps or just learn to lip read. Smile
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Thanks guys, I'll let you know. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with ION2: no hdmi audio0