XBMC for the Elderly
Has anyone set up touch pad using XBMC, connection to a TV for local programs (being able to select a channel from the touch pad would be terrific) and display of videos selected from the touch pad. My mother has rheumanoid arthritis and has diffculty using fingers for selection. Has anyone completed a setup for an aged person who has diffciculty using their hands? Is it possible to connect a TV to the unit as an external display to watch local programs and to act as a second screen? I know a solution would be readily welcome on the arthritis sufferers site.Big GrinBig Grin
Have you tried an Android tablet with the xbmc remote app? The knook seems like the cheapest solution.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I have very restricted mobility in my hands and I find a Microsoft remote works very well. I have an Android tablet, but that's harder to use as the touch screen is too sensitive. The remote needs just the right amount of force: not too much to make it hard to use but enough to stop accidental clicks.

JR
Thanks guys I will start to play around with it and see the results

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for the Elderly0