Using version 10.1 library mode does not show titles
Hey everyone,

First off if this has been posted before sorry but I could not find it.

I have used older versions of XBMC and never had an issue. I uninstalled everything before I installed 10.1, and now I added my movies folder source. When I go into Library mode it is only showing some of my DVD covers and 90% of the movies do not have a title (when i click to edit title it shows " ")

I have no idea why this is going on. I am using the default scraper for movies (tmdb)

Never had an issue before. TV. series so far are ok.

My files are named the title and the year of the movie and so is the folder that it is located in.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Sorry again if this has been posted prior but I could not find anything regarding this issue.

Thanks
Ok so I figured it out a bit. if im in file mode and I right click and get "movie info" i then can click on refresh and then it asks me if i want to use the locally stored or refresh from the internet if i refresh from the internet i get my titles....how can i delete the old library? (where can i find it - apparently i didn't earlier)
the video database is loacted in your userdata folder

so you can just rename the existing videodb and then XBMC will rebuild it from scratch. It sounds like you have some local data in your movie source (as its asking if you want to use local data) which you also may want to remove if you want it to be completely new.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
yes i do want to be completely new i been uninstalling and doing fresh installs on the program and the only way i can get it to show the title in library mode is doing each folder in my files section individually

thanks
deleted the myvideos34 and went to re-scan my files and im still getting the same issue not showing titles but when i refresh each manually it works fine lol
It sounds as though you may have some local info that XBMC is using. Try deleting .nfo files from the movie source directories. Use the wiki to see the naming convention of the .nfo files to make sure you are deleting the correct ones. You can also view the contents of the .nfo file and compare it to what is showing up in your library. The format of the .nfo is also in the wiki. It may well be that the title field in the .nfo is missing.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using version 10.1 library mode does not show titles0