Recent/Random question...
Hi Guys,

I've got my home screen recent/random items behaving as i want, however there's one thing that i can't figure out...

When starting XBMC, the recent/random scripts run from startup.xml. The home screen is then launched, showing the recent/random items. However, if 'update library on startup' in enabled, after the update has run, new items are not displayed in the recent/random.

They appear ok after you leave and then return to the home screen.

Was wondering if this is the norm, with no way to overcome, or if there's a way to either delay the recent/random update or have it run again after the library update has completed?

I've been trying to figure out a way, however have hit a bit of a brick wall.

Thanks

[EDIT:] guessing it's the norm as the skins (Xeebo and Aeon Nox) i've tested it on all behave the same and don't display new additions until you leave/return to the home screen.
That's how it's always been.
Confluence runs the script with alarm clock if update library on startup is enabled (on dharma). Check the startup.xml of confluence.
Cheers guys.
Big_Noid Wrote:Confluence runs the script with alarm clock if update library on startup is enabled (on dharma). Check the startup.xml of confluence.

But you'll still have to leave and enter Home to get the list updated.
Hitcher Wrote:But you'll still have to leave and enter Home to get the list updated.

If you run the script the list gets updated, in my skin I have the onright action of the recentadded list mapped to running the script and it updates instantly then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recent/Random question...0