[New Feature] Advanced Launcher ROM Support - EXPERTS ONLY
Thanks for the heads up.

XBMClive so no nighties for me Confused
While your approach to ALA support is very flexible I think it's cumbersome for user (just my opinion)

IMHO (I added this views to shade), first step should be to expose the artwork ALA provides (only thumbnails and fanart) and the data. This should require 3 views per layout (square, tall and wide thumbs), any layout created should have this 3 shapes for thumbnails and fanart on the background (or on a window depending on the layout)

After that is done you have covered 90% of the ALA userbase I guess, then you can go for more skin specific features like extrafanart, game studio logos, even trailers are doable.

Anyway just my opinion and my 2 cents, I modded one view to suit my needs (very simple mod)

Went from this:

To this:

Do you mind if I make a mod?
fr500 Wrote:Do you mind if I make a mod?

Absolutely not! This community thrives on mods. Thats how I got started. Wink

In fact, if its good enough I may just copy the code into the regular skin. So do a good job. Smile
To learn more, click here.
Ok Big Grin
Been busy this week but I've started planning the views.
For starters I'll mod the grid view as noted before so it can use the artwork provided by the advanced launcher, it will allow for extrafanart if it exists.

I don't know how to code view settings (so users can disable extrafanart) so that might take a bit.

After that is done I'll move into more advanced views consistent with Simplicity views, each view will be coded in 3 styles for square, vertical and horizontal thumbs, that should cover most bases, also now there is thegamedb.com that provides banner so a banner view is in order.

I'd like to code an info screen (like on moviews and tv shows) but I don't know where to start so that will be the last part.
hey igotdvds, first of all love the skin.
i was having a problem. i have the folder structured exactly as you stated and used the same download service but am unable to get any of the extra images to show up in the advanced launcher view. I was wondering if I needed an earlier build of your skin? I got the most recent from github. Thanks for your help.
naelam Wrote:hey igotdvds, first of all love the skin.
i was having a problem. i have the folder structured exactly as you stated and used the same download service but am unable to get any of the extra images to show up in the advanced launcher view. I was wondering if I needed an earlier build of your skin? I got the most recent from github. Thanks for your help.

The same is happening to me.
I have the exact folder structure and the images in there. Still I am not able to get the images. Not even the fanart. I am just getting the thumbs set by the Advanced Launcher addon.
kyotocafe Wrote:The same is happening to me.
I have the exact folder structure and the images in there. Still I am not able to get the images. Not even the fanart. I am just getting the thumbs set by the Advanced Launcher addon.
If this mod was fully compatible with advanced launcher, we may not need to use a specific folder structure for thumb and fanart images. Path to thumbs and fanarts images path are managed by advanced launcher and send to XBMC (and the skin) using ListItem.Thumb and Listitem.Property(Fanart_Image) parameters. But it seems that the Listitem.Property(Fanart_Image) parameter is not supported here.
Still working on it....but time is at a premium lately for me...
(2011-08-04, 18:31)kyotocafe Wrote:
naelam Wrote:hey igotdvds, first of all love the skin.

The same is happening to me.

I had the same issue but figured it out after taking a look at the view file for Advanced Launcher.

Folder path should be media\optional\advanced launcher\Nintendo Entertainment System\cartridges\
media\optional\advanced launcher\Nintendo Entertainment System\titles\
media\optional\advanced launcher\Nintendo Entertainment System\screenshots\

For SNES, replace "Nintendo Entertainment System" with "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" (no quotes, of course). The only other issue I was having is that I didn't have the cartridge files named the same as what Advanced Launcher was displaying them as. Once I named them appropriately, badda bing.

I ended up editing the ViewsAdvancedLauncher.xml to add support for SMS and Genesis. The code is around line 1365.

Hope this helps somebody.
Finally finished grabbing all of the artwork for my NES, SNES, SMS and Genesis. Here's the screenshots:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/nesfq.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/genwr.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/smskt.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/snesw.jpg/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Advanced Launcher ROM Support - EXPERTS ONLY0