First time compile problem
you have things turned on the are not turned on by default, fess up Smile

cat xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Makefile.in

ifeq (@USE_OPENMAX@,1)
SRCS += OpenMax.cpp
SRCS += OpenMaxVideo.cpp
SRCS += DVDVideoCodecOpenMax.cpp
endif

OpenMax is not default enabled for android.
How do I turn it off?
Somehow it got turned on with the default make/configure settings because I am just following the directions in README.android.
Starting from a completely fresh tree, I am able to get through the dependencies and start the build, but it still errors out on OpenMax. I don't know how to disable this in the config.
I've gotten past the DVD section by disabling OpenMax in the Makefile.in completely. It's still grinding away.
Just got an error because SDL isn't built:
make -C tools/TexturePacker/
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/xx/xbmc-android/tools/TexturePacker'
g++ -D_LINUX -DUSE_LZO_PACKING -I. -I/home/xx/Code/android-toolchain/android-9/staging/armeabi-v7a-native/include -I/home/xx/xbmc-android/lib -I/home/xx/xbmc-android/xbmc -I/home/xx/xbmc-android/xbmc/linux md5.cpp SDL_anigif.cpp XBTFWriter.cpp XBMCTex.cpp /home/xx/xbmc-android/xbmc/guilib/XBTF.cpp -L/home/xx/Code/android-toolchain/android-9/staging/armeabi-v7a-native/lib -lSDL_image -lSDL -llzo2 -L/home/xx/xbmc-android/lib/libsquish -lsquish-native -Wl,-rpath=/home/xx/Code/android-toolchain/android-9/staging/armeabi-v7a-native/lib -o TexturePacker
XBMCTex.cpp:35:27: fatal error: SDL/SDL_image.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [TexturePacker] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xx/xbmc-android/tools/TexturePacker'
make[1]: *** [tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xx/xbmc-android'
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/xx/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'
I had to go back and build a couple of dependencies manually, but I now have an APK. It loads and tries to come up with the main menu before quitting.
I was able to install the application, but the debug stub complains about certificates?
:~/xbmc-android/tools/android/packaging$ adb -s ca01b7f9 install -r images/xbmcapp-debug-skeleton.apk
363 KB/s (17838 bytes in 0.047s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/xbmcapp-debug-skeleton.apk
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]
I was also trying to start the ndk-gdb:
~/xbmc-android/tools/android/packaging/xbmc$ ~/Code/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2/ndk-gdb --start --delay=0
ERROR: Could not extract package's data directory. Are you sure that
your installed application is debuggable?
Apparently you weren't able to install the package because you are missing the key necessary to sign the APK. Check with Google (which will most likely bring you to StackOverflow) and you should get very detailed answers on what to do. There's also a very short hint about it in the README.android at the very end.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have installed xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk. Sometimes it shows the main menu for a couple of tens of seconds before quitting, but it doesn't respond to any input.
Running ndk-gdb fails:
Inspion:~/xbmc-android/tools/android/packaging/xbmc$ ~/Code/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2/ndk-gdb --start --delay=0
ERROR: Could not extract package's data directory. Are you sure that
your installed application is debuggable?
One notable thing I see from the log is that it can't find libcurl:
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libcurl.so.5)
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: Loading: libcurl.so.5
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 ERROR: Unable to load libcurl.so.5, reason: (null)
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: Dll libcurl.so.5 was not found in path
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x29722a8) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/addons.xml.md5
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libcurl.so.5)
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: Loading: libcurl.so.5
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 ERROR: Unable to load libcurl.so.5, reason: (null)
V/XBMC (26403): 04:23:33 T:43404464 DEBUG: Dll libcurl.so.5 was not found in path

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time compile problem0