My first HTPC and some limitations
Question 
I decided to post a new thread, since everybody has different conditions to build her/his new htpc.

My main limitation is the size. I have a place for a case 40 (MAYBE 41) cm deep and max 12 cm high case. I had many plans, even to build a strong PC for gaming too, but i recently bought PS3 because that was an real occasion, so now I have something to play on + nice blue-ray player.
It means, that I need an equipment that will play 1080p (most of them will do), maybe 3D in the future, streams etc. Recently I have found out, there is very nice DVB-S2 card TBS6981 which has very nice drivers for Ubuntu, so I decided to go for it and use LiveTV on XBMC too.

Bearing in mind all the above what would you recommend?

From the old equipment I have motherboard Gigabyte GA-945GM-S2, CPU Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.8 GHz and RAM 2GB DDR2 at 667 MHz (but I don't really think I can use them for these purposes).

Cheers
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199
OK, I know this thread and of course will use it, but was thinking about advising a case in this dimensions. Can you say what should I look for?

Can you say anything good or bad about the following cases?
1. Silverstone MILO ML03B $60
2. Lian-Li PC-C37B $170 (with 1x 70mm fan)
3. Lian-Li PC-C39 $150 (with 2x 70mm fan)
4. Compucase 7K09BBA30FNRX $60 (with 1x 80mm fan + 300W PSU)

The last one is very cheap, as you consider it has 1 fan and 300W PSU. It may mean, it will be quite noisy...

Does anyone know any other black cases in similar price range and dimension from the 1st post?

Is it possible to fit any GPU based on GeForce GT520?
what about the nMEDIAPC 1080P $60 or nMEDIAPC 5000B $80 or SilverStone GD05B $90
They are fine, especially SilverStone GD05B, but they are almost not available at all in Poland, or too high.
I have finally ordered:
CASE: SilverStone ML03B Milo
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power E8-400W
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 2x 2GB CL7 Genesis
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.10 GHz
GPU: Asus GeForce GT520 CUDA
FAN: 2x be quiet! Silent Wings USC 80mm
HDD: 250GB SATA II in the beginning
TV Card: TBS 6981 DVB-S2

Hope that will work... I just realised I haven't looked too much in spec of GPU (dimensions), but hope it will fit... LOL
it should that GT520 is Low Profile,,, no worries to me,,,,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first HTPC and some limitations0