[LIVE] Mac mini - FULL HD files
Hi,

my Mac Mini core duo is running xbmc live installed onto the entire disk.
All the files are stored on a LAN Disk.

No problem reading all the files except for the MKV over 10GB.
I know the mac mini has a megabit (non gigabit) LAN port but I think that i could be optimized in the buffering.

Do you know any way to make higher buffering or any other addon that could be useful for a mac?

Thanks
The Core Duo Mac Mini has a 1GHz NIC. I use a 1.66GHz Core Duo Mac Mini as my main HTPC with Windows XP/Bootcamp, and the NIC is a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit. I've never attempted to play an mkv about 10GB so I don't know how well it would work.

There have been mutterings about the NIC drivers and possibly also the SMB client used in XBMC Live. A lot of XBMC Live users have seen buffering. You could always try using Windows XP like me :-) Alternatively try asking in the Linux/Live specific sub forum.

JR
I'm running a older minimac (about 3 years old) running bootcamp and windows 7 32bit and I can almost play 1080P MKV's. I get some stutter using XBMC but they play fine using Windows Media Player and Media Center. I am trying to edit XBMC to tell it to open MKV's in WMP or something else.

As far as the network connection, I have tried a external wireless N 5gz connection and ended up going back to a wired connection. Wireless is fine for 720P but not the 1080P content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Mac mini - FULL HD files0