SONOS - Now Playing
I am the owner of a six zone SONOS system and absolutely love it. However, I've always wanted the ability to display what is playing on a TV and the SONOS system does not presently support such functionality.

Since XBMC can have access to the same music library, and could leverage the uPnP support offered by SONOS, perhaps it is not a stretch for XBMC to get the "Now Playing" title and artist, and retrieve and display, the album art, artist description, and other musicdb things to display onto the screen.

It would have to retrieve and allow selection of particular zones, and then access that zone's Now Playing status.

There are a couple of articles related to SONOS, but none are oriented towards this simple slave approach.

Just a thought and a very useful feature.
+1
dclindner Wrote:I am the owner of a six zone SONOS system and absolutely love it. However, I've always wanted the ability to display what is playing on a TV and the SONOS system does not presently support such functionality.

Since XBMC can have access to the same music library, and could leverage the uPnP support offered by SONOS, perhaps it is not a stretch for XBMC to get the "Now Playing" title and artist, and retrieve and display, the album art, artist description, and other musicdb things to display onto the screen.

It would have to retrieve and allow selection of particular zones, and then access that zone's Now Playing status.

There are a couple of articles related to SONOS, but none are oriented towards this simple slave approach.

Just a thought and a very useful feature.

I've tried it several times...

But without any luck.

Tried a work around, setting up a webserver to display the now playing feeds from sonos. Then i've tried to extract the html-info to display in XBMC, but no luck.
If you are still looking for the Sonos integration, there is now a Sonos addon, still early stages - but it's a start!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183020

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SONOS - Now Playing0