Very Low Audio Volume
I am running a nightly (can't remember which, but it is in the pastebin below) on windows 7 x64 and integrated nvidia geforce 9400 gpu with hdmi out.

Anytime I play a video outside of xbmc (either vlc or live tv via windows media center) the volume on my receiver is at a normal level. At one point (I can't remember exactly when) xbmc's volume level was the same as outside programs.

However, recently, I have to turn the volume on my receiver almost all the way up to hear anything. XBMC's navigation sounds are also incredibly low as well.

I have updated the 9400's driver to no avail.

Here is the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/8jgE0zV7
Have you checked the Windows volume mixer?
I have, and xbmc's volume is set to 100%, along with all of the other programs and system sounds
just as an update, I tried the exact same version of xbmc on my laptop and my htpc in my bedroom, and all of them play the audio fine.
Star 
Might try and switching off DXVA and give it another shot (also hit the + and minus a bit when playing and see if that makes a diff) on the wild side.
just as an update. switching off DVXA helped a little bit, but not nearly enough.

I was having some overscan problems with my Samsung HLS-6187W and I switched from HDMI out to vga out, and started using spdif from my computer directly to my receiver.

This switch has apparently solved my problem. I was originally running my hdmi cable to my TV and then spdif from my TV to my receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very Low Audio Volume0