Stuttering sound on my new HTPC
I experiencing that sound disappears for some second from time to time. The image and sound is transferred through HDMI do my receiver. I can see that my receiver "blinks" when this happens.
  • I am playing files locally so the netwok is not the problem.
  • I am using an SSD disk so disk transfer rate should not be the problem.
  • I am experiencing similar issues with VLC although VLC causes he video to stutter as well so it must use another synching.
  • It seems like this happen only when using DTS 5.1. - but I am not 100% sure

My HTPC setup is the following:
  • ZOTAC H55ITX-C-E S1156 USB 3.0
  • OCZ Vertex 2 Series solid state drive
  • Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x4) XMS3
  • Intel Core i5 655K

What I will try soon:
  • I don't know if HDMI cable matters. I don't think so, but I will try.
  • I will also try to have the sound transferred through optical cable.

Any ideas?
Rainbow 
serializer Wrote:I experiencing that sound disappears for some second from time to time. The image and sound is transferred through HDMI do my receiver. I can see that my receiver "blinks" when this happens.
  • I am playing files locally so the netwok is not the problem.
  • I am using an SSD disk so disk transfer rate should not be the problem.
  • I am experiencing similar issues with VLC although VLC causes he video to stutter as well so it must use another synching.
  • It seems like this happen only when using DTS 5.1. - but I am not 100% sure

My HTPC setup is the following:
  • ZOTAC H55ITX-C-E S1156 USB 3.0
  • OCZ Vertex 2 Series solid state drive
  • Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x4) XMS3
  • Intel Core i5 655K

What I will try soon:
  • I don't know if HDMI cable matters. I don't think so, but I will try.
  • I will also try to have the sound transferred through optical cable.

Any ideas?

Let me know if you find a solution to this. I have written about this in the Hi def audio section of the forum. Are you running that or Dharma? I have several DTS concerts that are doing the same thing.

Mark
I have no idea as to the answer but I just had to give you props for the way you asked your question! Nod Nod Nod Nod
Actually including the relevant information on your system setup, what troubleshooting you have tried, AMAZING. This should be a required reading sticky before being allowed to post! Good job! Only way to improve on the question would be to post a link to a debug log.
I hope an answer is found for you soon Big Grin
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:I have no idea as to the answer but I just had to give you props for the way you asked your question! Nod Nod Nod Nod
Actually including the relevant information on your system setup, what troubleshooting you have tried, AMAZING. This should be a required reading sticky before being allowed to post! Good job! Only way to improve on the question would be to post a link to a debug log.
I hope an answer is found for you soon Big Grin
man, why can you give the new guy a break and try to give him helping hand instead.

you can try little small step at a time and all these steps works in my htpc's-

1. in w7 control panel- select "high performance" power option
2. in w7 control panel- select proper hdmi audio output and set speaker configuration to "stereo"
3. in xbmc audio output- select hdmi for audio output. if you don't have avr, you can select the proper speaker channel (5.1, 7.1, etc) for your surround sound system.
4. in xbmc audio output- if you have avr, select dts/dd capable receiver option. if there is an option, you can set avr to pass-through video.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:man, why can you give the new guy a break and try to give him helping hand instead.
you can try little small step at a time and all these steps works in my htpc's-
Blue I was dead serious about my praise for the way the OP provided all the information needed to be able to help him. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to help him.
Secondly, I almost recommended he send you a PM because I knew you would probably be able to answer his question.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering sound on my new HTPC0