Soundoutput to upnp stream
Hi,
i want to use my android Phone as a wirless headphone. The Phone has a upnp client to playback some multimeda stuff from upnp Servers. Is there a plugin or other feature to steam the Xbmc general Soundoutput over the upnp Server ??
I use XBMC live
thanks a lot
Bjoern
AFAIK no, you could stream the file to the android phone and have it play it though.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
sure, but when i play a movie, i want the image on my Beamer (or TV) and only the sound output via upnp to the phone( where my headpohne is connected).
Which upnp Server is used by xbmc? or is it hard coded in xbmc?
thanks
Bjoern
The uPnP implementation is hard coded into XBMC. I suspect you'd need to use some extra software to intercept the audio on the PC and redirect it as a stream.

JR
I'm fairly certain that upnp does not provide the standards to do this, nor does it make much sense to do so IMO.

Code up a pulse server code for android and you could stream through that instead, would be a much neater solution.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Soundoutput to upnp stream0