Video Add on in main menu possible ??
Hi, im trying to place a video add on into the main menu (videos .. music.... addon ) is there any way possible to do this ?
I would love to know this as well.

Ideally, I'd like to have "Movies" go to my library and "Videos" show my video-addons.
You can edit your home.xml to add new buttons to the main menu... structure for such an button is

Code:
<item id="10">
    <label>20342</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
</item>

But be careful: This is for Pre-Eden! Dharma has different properties in the skinning engine

For taking you to the addons-section you might take a look here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions
and here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...nd_Dialogs

If you´re using a dharma stable, you should be able to apply this patch from mcborzu:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76529

There is no need to touch a xml-file...

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
pre-eden really doesn't need this feature you can just go into skin settings and add some to the main addon launcher under the main bar
im going to try editing home.xml...
thnx will report back
Anyone have any luck doing this?
Well, here's what I have so far. it does call my plugin, but my default "Videos" now also points to my icefilms when I click it.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Code:
<item id="10">
                                                <label>IceFilms</label>
                                                <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.icefilms,return)</onclick>
                                                <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
                                                <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</thumb>
                                                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton) + ![Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton)]</visible>
                                        </item>
leorik Wrote:Well, here's what I have so far. it does call my plugin, but my default "Videos" now also points to my icefilms when I click it.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Check that your id # is unique, <item id="10"> usually belongs to your Movies selection
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Check that your id # is unique, <item id="10"> usually belongs to your Movies selection

I double checked. it's unique.

I also noted this.....

I reboot.

menu is:

Videos
Ice films

Click on videos. videos shows what it should.
Click on icefilms. ice films shows what it should.
Click BACK on videos, videos now takes you to icefilms.

pretty weird.
Question 
Jezz_X Wrote:pre-eden really doesn't need this feature you can just go into skin settings and add some to the main addon launcher under the main bar

I feel really stupid now, but I can't figure out how the heck this function is working. I have pointed out addons under the skin settings (addons->home page sub menu), but where in the home menu do I find them? I thought I'd simply get new items in my main menu...

This is on the latest git ppa package (20110926) under Ubuntu Natty.

/Daniel
Jezz_X Wrote:pre-eden really doesn't need this feature you can just go into skin settings and add some to the main addon launcher under the main bar

Nice!
leorik Wrote:I double checked. it's unique.

I also noted this.....

I reboot.

menu is:

Videos
Ice films

Click on videos. videos shows what it should.
Click on icefilms. ice films shows what it should.
Click BACK on videos, videos now takes you to icefilms.

pretty weird.

Did you get this to work proberly? couse i kind of want the same thing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Add on in main menu possible ??0