Playback a little jerky...
Hi, First time poster - but I have looked through quite a lot of posts (and general googles about ATV2 and XMBC) before posting this - so dont trash me too much.

Firstly - huge thumbs up for getting XMBC onto the ATV.
I bought an ATV2 several weeks ago and Jailbreaked it with SeasonPass, then installed XBMC as per the general instructions on the wiki site - so it will be the official build that is installed and not a nightly.
Also knobbled the hosts file to stop the update checks.

With the Seasonpass Jailbreak it updated me to 4.2.2/4.3 Firmware (I think those are correct without going and looking). I read a little later that XBMC is probably better on the older version of the ATV OS.

Anyway - XMBC is working ok - hasnt crashed at all - but I did notice that the motion in XViD/avi files is a little jittery especially in panning shots.

I fiddled with the settings for video and tried turning off/on hardware acceleration and fiddled with the other settings. Thought I got it a little better, but I am wondering:

1) Has anyone found a really good combo of settings that helps smooth motion?
2) Is playback really smooth on the older IOS version - so should I look at downgrading the OS? Or are the nightly builds the thing to look at?
3) For the record the display is 60hz - but I have another 2 media players in the house and they have always been smooth with 23fps/25fps videos so does XBMC have particular issues with the fps rate of files?

As I see that the 'official' build of XBMC is designed for the earlier IOS version is there an updated official build in the pipeline?

Any feedback appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback a little jerky...0