To Unicode or not to Unicode
How many people are having issues due to the default font not being a true unicode font? I've debated switching the current font out for DejaVu. That will open it up for several more languages but it will remove some of the style that I like in the current font. It will also take a ton of time to update the skin...

Thanks,
-stoli-
I do like the current font but I would prefer unicode more.

Currently I have to go by the poster or album cover to see what I would like to play for my foreign stuff.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
stoli Wrote:How many people are having issues due to the default font not being a true unicode font? I've debated switching the current font out for DejaVu. That will open it up for several more languages but it will remove some of the style that I like in the current font. It will also take a ton of time to update the skin...

Thanks,

I'm always a fan of function over fashion. That said, I use Neon because it looks so darn good... Oo

FWIW I only have one non-unicode named episode in my library. The Simpsons S12E09 - HOMЯ. So you could either say that unicode is not that important (1 in 5,000) or that it's everywhere!

What about a mashed up font? Just drop the current ASCII characters into the respective slots in DejaVu and voila- decent unicode support, with a good ASCII font.
Well i would like to see unicode support in this skin, it is my main problem for not switching permanently to it from Night. The problem is that the provided all-language font is very big and in most layouts the characters get out of bounds.
I am sure that a unicode charset exists that is pretty close to the current fonts used so you don't have to make many changes.
xalaros Wrote:Well i would like to see unicode support in this skin, it is my main problem for not switching permanently to it from Night. The problem is that the provided all-language font is very big and in most layouts the characters get out of bounds.
I am sure that a unicode charset exists that is pretty close to the current fonts used so you don't have to make many changes.

That's the whole problem. The font I am using seems to be a pixel or so higher than most other fonts at the 12pt level. Extrapolate that out to a lot of 30+pt text and things get out of shape pretty quickly. If I can find a good unicode that appeals to me, I'd be more than happy to spend the week or two updating...

The only one close so far is DejaVu.
-stoli-
xalaros Wrote:Well i would like to see unicode support in this skin, it is my main problem for not switching permanently to it from Night. The problem is that the provided all-language font is very big and in most layouts the characters get out of bounds.

Give the latest update a try. I spent about 8 hours going through and updating the 'all language' font settings and it should be pretty good now. If you come across any issues, and I am sure you will, please post a screen shot or be extremely specific as to where you see any issues.

I've updated the German strings with those provided by scorpie as well - language updates are always welcome!

Thanks,
-stoli-
Thanks.

My Japanese titles look okay.

It doesn't look quite a nice as the default font you use but hey ho Smile
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
that is a lot better, nice work.

Here is a couple of things i noticed.

on the recently added eps the fonts seem to be bigger than the rest.

also

also here the show description seems bigger and if you go to get artwork the fonts are bigger as well.

if i find anything else i will post it.
xalaros Wrote:that is a lot better, nice work.

Here is a couple of things i noticed.

if i find anything else i will post it.

You need to use the direct link option...
-stoli-
fixed it now
by the way i found something another bug worth mentioning in the movie section. I am using the multiplex view and the watched overlay flags are not visible in this view, is that normal or a bugHuh
xalaros Wrote:by the way i found something another bug worth mentioning in the movie section. I am using the multiplex view and the watched overlay flags are not visible in this view, is that normal or a bugHuh

I probably have to code it in there still...
-stoli-
I've noticed in a recent debug log a series of error messages stating:

"ERROR: Couldn't load font name: Font_Neon_55(Dejevu.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf"

Note the spelling of Dejevu...

I have DejaVu font on my system, and I'm assuming that the skin is trying to load the wrong font.

Any thoughts how this can be corrected?

BTW, Neon is having problems displaying the codec information on the screen in EDEN Beta 3. The font is too large and spilling off the screen. I've tried other skins and it works perfectly, so I'm thinking it might be related to this font problem.

Thanks, in advance,...
I fixed the errors by renaming and copying/renaming the font files under the Neon font directory. Got rid of all the errors, but the issue with the codec display during movie playback remains (runs off the right side of the screen).

BTW, the codec issue isn't a problem with other skins...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To Unicode or not to Unicode0