"Play Next" in context menu
It would be nice to have a option to play an item next instead of adding it to the end of the queue. That way, I don't have to blow away my current queue to play an item next when i find something i want to play.

I see it's been discussed minimally here and here, but I haven't seen any formal feature requests in trac.

Thoughts?
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
So it would insert it into your existing queue? Or do you really just want it to play now and not alter your queue?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I would prefer to insert it into the queue. I have this feature on my sonos and its really cool.

Sonos actually gives you the option of "play now", "play next" and put at "end of queue"

realistically if you put it next in the queue you can just hit skip if you want to play it now, but a song at the end of a long playlist can take some time to move to the top.

M
jmarshall Wrote:So it would insert it into your existing queue? Or do you really just want it to play now and not alter your queue?
It should insert in the existing queue, so it plays immediately after the currently playing item.
And it only needs to be shown in the context menu when something is currently playing.
This would be a great addition to XBMC
hi,

i had a similiar idea (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87042).

i think the context menu should only popup when the music playlist is empty (would be rather annyoing). the menu item "queue song" should be highlighted/selected by default, so there would be no more playlists that are accidently deleted.

i want this feature so bad, that i think it's time to start contributing to the project (i am a programmer). hope i can get some time for this.

regards
Gonzoe
I'm totally redoing playlist framework and in few days (when I got everything straight) I will post some specs on it to get feedback. There shouldn't be more accident playlist deletion when I will be done with it.

Anyway, any contribution will be certainly appreciated Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Sounds like a good idea to me. :-)
pieh Wrote:I'm totally redoing playlist framework and in few days (when I got everything straight) I will post some specs on it to get feedback. There shouldn't be more accident playlist deletion when I will be done with it.

Anyway, any contribution will be certainly appreciated Smile

Excellent. Is there an existing thread we can follow on your progress? If not, be sure to post back here when you have something for us to look at.

Thanks,
BradVido
Anybody know if this idea caught on. As far as i can tell, it's not in Eden. Sure would be a useful feature i think.
+1
Any updates?
(2013-09-07, 14:57)Jules Wrote: +1
Any updates?

I know the iOS XBMC remote app can do this, so I would assume it's possible to somehow do it internally as well. I'll ask around.
Thanks for the quick reply Ned...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Play Next" in context menu0