animeNFO, tvtome, geos and IAFD loopup
@spiff

a few days ago i found a bug in the html parser used by allmusic.com. it didnt parse a true ampersand correctly. the ampersand and up to 12 characters after it would go into the void.

last night noticed that the same bug exists in the htmlscraper used by the imdb dll. i fixed and committed that last night. you may want to update your scrapers accordingly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(spiff @ mar. 19 2005,19:54 Wrote:if people want 'their' naming conventions for tv show episodes to
be supported, please give examples here.

currently i have support for

24.s01e01*
24.101*
24.1x01*
24.s01.e01.*

spiff
i have my named
* - s01e01 - *.avi
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
@krahq

heh, i actually had a problem with that when i wrote the iafd scraper, so i wrote a simple workaround fix. will have a look at it after easter.

also, i am almost done with a initial version of a episode guide browser window. no fancy stuff, but i think it will be usable. it accepts urls through the strparameter in the form of

epguide://show/season/episode
(where show an season can have the value 'all')

which i think will be useful for context menus later. it still uses dummy data structures though. as i have stated earlier i do not think i am up for the task of designing the data base since i have no prior experiences in that field whatsoever.

nickman, that one is covered by the first regexp, so you should be safe Smile

spiff
can you by chance update the guiwindowvideo base to the most recent cvs, i am considering this patch for my adult titles (secured of course) and i cant make heads or tails out of what i should edit over.
since i'm not at home i didn't really test the results, but if you keep my file and the run cvs update i got three (four?) conflicts. the two first you should keep from my file, while the last should be taken from the new one.

will probably test and upload tomorrow or perhaps late today.
you completely lost me, lol can you mail me an archive of the current files [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] will be more than happy to test them out
hi, let me put it this way.

if you're not able to figure out which lines to add to the code, i recon you're not a coder, and thus this patch is of no interest to you as it is. the integration into xbmc is hackish, and except for the imdb-scraper non of them will show thumbs since xbmc uses the imdb-number for cached thumbnails.

i plan to upload a new version on sf.net sometime this week. i will also include my (proof-of-concept) episode guide window, and a class for identifying episode numbers from file names.

until somebody with database/sql knowledge picks up on this and helps me make the necessary changes to the old database / designing a new database, this code is just loose bits with little value.

@devs:
did anything change with the cstdstring class lately? or possibly with the http class? i noticed that my geos scraper crashes xbmc with 02.04.05 anon cvs code. i traced it back to a call to cstdstring::c_str() (which works splendid with the other parsers) but after fetching http://www.geos.tv/index.php and calling .c_str() it freezes. exactly the same code works like a charm in an older xmbc (mid-march-ish), and the scraper code works splendid in the win32 test app (and afaik no memory violations occur).

spiff
most of my code background has been in cgi, php and asp. and while i am new to xbmc's code i am getting more familiar with it but then i suppose you just used osmosis to get it right from day one (that was intended as sarcasm, while its hard to get the "feeling" from a text reply i try to be as clear as possible). i myself fancy myself a mimic, look for similarities and intigrate from there, i am not trying to discredit in the least.

i'll be looking for your alteration patch to give it a whirl (contrary to popular belief cut and paste is a common skill) and as you suggest, hope that it might be included in a future cvs with the needed db alterations.

thank you (i think) for your reply.
i meant no offense what-so-ever. if you feel offended, sorry.
i'm grumpy and hung over today Smile

it just sounded like you thought that it was ready for everyday use, and it really isn't.

i mailed you guiwindowvideobase.cpp
it is syncronized with cvs as of today. anyway, all my code additions / replacements are encapsulated by // <spiff> and //</spiff> comments. if this version still doesn't work with your repository, it should be just a matter of searching for spiff and figuring out the differences from the original file.

just be warned, the geos-scraper is bugging with the new xbmc, i haven't figured out why yet (so much to do, so little time..)

spiff
hi spiff,

nothing to my knowledge has changed at all with the cstdstring class. not sure why it could be crapping out.

just so you know where i stand, i'm planning on looking at this probably in a week or so. got some other stuff i'm working on at the moment.

hopefully there'll be a couple of us devs ready to work on the videos side of things. we've just about finished up the music side of things (nav view).

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

great news! Smile

btw, i'm thinking about adding .py scraper support to the factory class. could possibly make maintainment easier (more devs...)
danke, actually looking forward to this *g i noticed imdb has an adult area but how youd get the current setup to access it i have no idea since it requires login and the like.

will have to keep a close eye on the cvs to see what happens and how it goes.

spiff, no offense taken as i mentioned reading emotion on boards is an easy thing to misread. appreciate your work and effort and thanks again for mailing me the files will have to see if i can get them worked in the next day or so (i work 3 16 hour days starting today). who knows i might be able to contribute something twords this.
spiff, what's the status of this? you still working on it? i'm for one would like to get it integrated into xbmc, just no time to do it myself. when you feel it's getting clean, i'd probably have the time integrate it into cvs thou.

elupus

hi,

the status is that development has stalled since all my coding time is filled up due to my diploma thesis.

however, i will surely pick it up again once i start writing my report, since i'll get bored and will start looking for something to code on instead.

one major obstacle with further development is that i have to keep using test data structures, making for a lot of code rewrites once the data get stored in the database. as i have stated before in this thread, i really got no clue when it comes to sql, and thus me designing the data base will surely lead to disasters.. if somebody with the experience would like to step up and help me with this, shout!

spf
do you have a complete list with the all the information that needs to be stored?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
animeNFO, tvtome, geos and IAFD loopup0