Newbie help: at my whits end with thumbnails
hi all,

i have been trying now for 2 weeks to get album thumbnails to show up in my music and have failed miserably. the fact that i cannot find anything in these forums or the manual suggests that it is probably something trivial i am missing. would someone please walk me through it (i am using a build from around 15/2 of this year)?

at the moment all my mp3's are on a samba server and are accessed via a share (all fine). i have a cover.jpg and a filename.jpg in each album folder (300x300pixels).

i have tried mounting the samba music share in my pictures and pressing create thumbs to no avail.

i really just want to see the cover artwork show up in the my music view when i have icons selected.

what do i have to do to achieve this ?

anyone ?

i am sure i am being really dumb. do i perhaps need to do a bulk .jpg to .thm conversion using some image utility ?

thanks
chris

[edit]
hmm i think i put this in the wrong forum - my appologies. perhaps some kind administrator could move it to the support area as i do not seem to have the permissions to do so.
try folder.jpg
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi,

i tried that before filename.jpg's were all renamed from folder.jpg. i think i must be missing something else - possibly to do with thumb creation ?

do i need to scan or something ?

chris
folder.jpg inside the directory that you wish it to effect. it will also effect all files in the directory, other than those that have a <filename>.tbn file, which takes precedence.

if it's over smb, make sure you haven't turned on the setting that disables remote thumbs (in music settings), as this will obviously stop them appearing unless they've already been cached.

when you first read a dir, they're cached to the local disk (for speed purposes). obviously the files need to be readable. check the log files after you've gone into the music dir you want thumbs to appear in for errors - you may need to turn your debugging down to 0.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Information 
it was the remote thumbs setting - never noticed it before !

thanks
chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie help: at my whits end with thumbnails0