[AppleTV2] How much storage for thumbs/banners etc...
How much space does XBMC take up on the AppleTV2?

How many movies / TV shows can I add before XBMC uses up the memory of the AppleTV2?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Am not an expert but I get you started with an answer.

Start with you have just under 7 gig to play with.

Take away from that.

1. XBMC installation - I think its less than 50 mb, in other words next to nothing.
2. Other Programs - eg. Nito tv, atv flash etc., once again dont imagine, it would be too much.
3. Library scraping - Depending on your library, this take contribute far more than the program installation eg. I think my 250 movie library takes up about 600mb or so.
4. Downloading of caches images from addons - Icefilms takes up 250mb.

Finally my userdata folder which is where the bulk of the downloads are stored is about 1 gig with roughly the above setup. ie have the remaining 5.something gig free.

Things to consider

1. As you can see its not setup to store movies etc.
2. I know that people with extensive libraries often setup MySQL db which can store the fannart, thereby increasing free space on atv2.
3. More space available means, more to download as a temp file before moving it off to a share.
4. Devices generally run better with ample free space.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:2. I know that people with extensive libraries often setup MySQL db which can store the fannart, thereby increasing free space on atv2.
3. More space available means, more to download as a temp file before moving it off to a share.
4. Devices generally run better with ample free space.

This is what has been in the back of my mind. I know we are limited by space and I would like my ATV to run as smooth as possible.

Will have a look at the MySQL DB to see how it runs.
You will find several threads with information with setups using MySQL. This is amongst them. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99272

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] How much storage for thumbs/banners etc...0