OSD On Screen Display slow to open and unresponsive
First off I am running Jarvis 16.1 on a 2nd generation i3 with video built in using windows 10. I usually start Kodi when I want to watch a video. Once a video starts everything works fine. Sometimes I need to adjust the subtitle sync and the OSD loads and I can adjust timing without a problem.

The problem happens when Kodi has been running a few hours - even if a video has never been played - or after watching a movie. In this case I'll start a new video and when I want to open the osd sometimes it never fully displays it starts on the left and starts to paint the screen to the right but never finishes. Or I try to use the arrow keys to navigate to the sound control for instance it just freezes up. At this point I have to kill Kodi and restart it. Restarting clears the problem for the first video I watch but it means I have to restart kodi for every video.

The rest of the information. I am running transparency. I am using the emby addon. I play the video using Direct Play from a network drive. I have the same problem if I force trans-coding on the server and stream from emby instead of the disk directly. I have turned off video hardware acceleration - only using software decoding.
Let's have a proper debug log (wiki) showing the issue if possible; posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread. I venture to say you should be looking here. I am using the emby addon. I play the video using Direct Play from a network drive.
The user experience was
1. Watched an episode of the Magicians all the way through.
2. Started watching The Flash - tried using the OSD had some trouble but mostly functional
3. Quit watching the flash after a few because the sound quality was bad - unrelated problem
4. Started watching a Grimm episode see line 1950 and after.
5. Had to kill Kodi to get control of the application when I tried to access the OSD

link to log
Sorry just realized this isn't a full debug log.
I will have to wait until tonight to get that.
Ran videos with debug on for about 3 hours and couldn't make it behave badly.
Let's close this out and I'll post again if I can consistently get it to fail - which it had been doing for several weeks.
A lot of bugs have been squashed in the latest Krypton, perhaps an installation of 17 would set aside issues?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD On Screen Display slow to open and unresponsive0