SE Phone remote templates.
Hi there,

I found that Sony Ericsson phones can be great XBMC remotes.
If used as a straight remote, I actually prefer this over iphone/android, while they provide great browser
capability, as a remote the touchscreen has no clickydy click, and the device feels bulky, big, and a bit
annoying for use as a regular remote, I found my old w880i to be much better.

For those who don't know SE has a great remote control configuration utillity on their developer pages.

To make it a bit easier I made 2 templates, I thought I'd like to share.
1 is for XBMC, and 1 is enhanced for the Desktop.

These templates has most functions, and work on just about any old SE phone.
They can ofcause be used on all XBMC devices paired with.

Unfortunenally I thought that I could just attach them, but I don't se how?!
Is it me or is there a way to to do this?

Regards tuxen
Ok.. Here we go. Setup a quick webserver on my android tablet, it only functions as a clock anyways. Heh..

To install the .hid files right click on it in windows and choose send to --> bluetooth device, and choose your phone..
Please feel free to enhance, modify, or alter anything you like. (you can use the .hid files in the SE program)

Here is the adress: http://81.161.149.87:8080/xbmcremote/

Regards tuxen.

Image - Image
Hi again,
I updated "XBMC Remote.hid", the SHIFT button which was the TAB key, is now ALT + TAB.
This I did to make it more HULU compatible.
The problem was when HULU was started through the launcher plugin, XBMC would not go to
the background hence HULU was launced but not shown, a press of the SHIFT key will now bring HULU in front.
Same thing when HULU is exited, a press of SHIFT will bring XBMC back.

SHIFT button should be renamed really, but I'm not to pedantic about that.

I also uploaded the SE BTRemote editing program. Hope someone finds all this usefull. Smile
And ofcause i'd love to see some any alteration, modification, etc of the .hid/gfx files in any way if someone bothers.

Regards tuxen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SE Phone remote templates.0