Library paths across different O/S (Linux and Win)
Hey all,

I have just finished setting up a Win7 machine with XBMC so I can make use of my Blurays in the living room as MakeMKV wasn't really cutting it.
All of my other boxes are running Linux, and all my media is sat on a NAS box.

I've already been running the MySQL library for XBMC with my NAS connected via NFS to /storage/NAS - This obviously presents a problem when it comes to the windows machine since it doesn't have that path...

I have setup NFS to a mapped drive on the Win7 machine and then setup a Symbolic link to C:\Storage\NAS in the hope that XBMC would translate / to C: if it was running on Windows, but unfortunately no dice..

Can anyone think of a way around this ? - Since XBMC can't handle NFS mounts internally, I have to mount in the OS which means it's going to be a Linux or Windows style path.. and I really don't want to have to switch back to SMB, because NFS has been so much quicker!!

Any suggestions welcome, I'm stumped at the moment! :p
Ok, ignore all that - it's working now Smile

I thought the paths in the DB were absolute to the actual files but it looks like XBMC just uses the 'source' as the path to the files, unfortuately when I added it on the windows machine I'd named the source slighly differently.

So, for future reference - if the sources are named the same then it appears they can have totally different backend paths and still work with the same DB Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library paths across different O/S (Linux and Win)0