• 97(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Hi there rembo Smile

I have a suggestion and I am not sure where to post it.
Can we add an option for the iTunes "black Hole" directory?

let me explain.
I use iTunes Match wich works pretty good. To Automate the process I have the processing dir of Headphones targeted towards the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder inside my iTunes Dir. Works like a charm. Headphones finds release, sends to sabnzbd, unpacks into music downloads dir, HP does post processing / re-encode, HP moves to itunes Dir, iTunes uploads to iCloud.
All automated.

However: now my HP database is "broken". My suggestion would be to add a check when HP cannot find missing files from the media directory, to look in a specific Directory (where iTunes copies the media to).

I Hope this can be added. If someone has a suggestion to post this somewhere else, please let me know.
(2015-01-15, 01:18)tonyschuite Wrote: Hi there rembo Smile

I have a suggestion and I am not sure where to post it.
Can we add an option for the iTunes "black Hole" directory?

let me explain.
I use iTunes Match wich works pretty good. To Automate the process I have the processing dir of Headphones targeted towards the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder inside my iTunes Dir. Works like a charm. Headphones finds release, sends to sabnzbd, unpacks into music downloads dir, HP does post processing / re-encode, HP moves to itunes Dir, iTunes uploads to iCloud.
All automated.

However: now my HP database is "broken". My suggestion would be to add a check when HP cannot find missing files from the media directory, to look in a specific Directory (where iTunes copies the media to).

I Hope this can be added. If someone has a suggestion to post this somewhere else, please let me know.

If I am understanding this correctly, you are talking about the automation destination not being the same as the library destination causing the regular scan to come up empty after iTunes grabs the files and moves them. In other words, HP performs all of the steps, but then when HP scans the library, it removes the downloaded files from the DB as missing?

If that is the case, keep your post processing destination the same in "Settings-->Quality & Post Processing-->Destination Directory", and you can change your library location in "Manage-->Scan Music Library-->Path To Directory" to the location that iTunes copies the media to. All of the automation will remain the same, but you will be pointing the library scan to the actual folder where iTunes copied the media to instead of the post process destination folder. Upon scanning, the HP DB will check and add/remove as needed to match the actual tracks in the directory.

Make the change in "Manage", then select "Automatically Scan Library-->Save Changes and Scan", and the HP DB will rebuild itself with the tracks located in the file that iTunes moves the music to.
I have a problem with Headphones where it will not connect to NZBGet no matter what I try, with or without http:// etc, Sabnzbd works fine but I'm no longer using it, I have migrated all my downloading to NZBGet. All run on the same Windows 7 server. Anyone any ideas
Do you have anything else working fine with NZBGet such as Sonarr, CouchPotato and so on, or is it purely a Headphones and NZBGet setup? Just trying to establish whether you've got NZBGet working at all.

Without knowing a bit more, the only advice I can give is checking the HP setup and that the NZBGet API key for HP is correct. I know HP is a bit weird when it comes to saving setups in that you have to refresh the website to see saved configuration changes. Took me a couple of attempts to figure out why it apparently wasn't saving my config!

Are HP and NZBGet running on the same machine?
Just wanted to update that I am running this nicely on my QNAP SSD NAS now, really nice work!
(2015-04-01, 10:56)JesusOnEez Wrote: Do you have anything else working fine with NZBGet such as Sonarr, CouchPotato and so on, or is it purely a Headphones and NZBGet setup? Just trying to establish whether you've got NZBGet working at all.

Without knowing a bit more, the only advice I can give is checking the HP setup and that the NZBGet API key for HP is correct. I know HP is a bit weird when it comes to saving setups in that you have to refresh the website to see saved configuration changes. Took me a couple of attempts to figure out why it apparently wasn't saving my config!

Are HP and NZBGet running on the same machine?

Yes, NZBGet is working fine, Sonarr and Couchpotato are both working fine with NZBGet, it's just an issue with Headphones and NZBGet. All are on the same Windows server.

There is no option in Headphones to input an NZBGet API key like there is for Sabnzb, this could be the issue, I'll hunt through the config files now see can I manually add it
Sorry, I meant the HP API key in NZBGet, not the other way around. It's all working lovely on mine albeit it on a Synology NAS (so linux). Since HP is based on CouchPotato it's got to be a setup issue somewhere, whether it's a typo in a directory location, lowercase where there should be upper case...it's going to be something small if it's not immediately obvious.

Since CouchPotato is working, I'd copy and paste as many of the settings as possible from that to HeadPhones. Is HeadPhones snatching NZB files OK? If so, then the problem is with NZBGet's 'watch' folder for music. Check your folder names, check what folders NZBGet is looking in and so on. HeadPhones and NZBGet don't 'talk' to each other (via API) until the point of post processing in NZBGet, so if the NZB files aren't getting to NZBGet, then the problem is with the NZBGet setup specific to the music category.

Worth checking first though in the download settings. I use the absolute IP address of the machine (even though it's localhost), so in my case, '192.168.0.11:6789' points to NZBGet. Obviously you need your server to have a static IP address which it should have anyway.

Check, double check, triple check your settings. Then, when you're sure they're OK and it's still not working, wipe them all and start from scratch. It's a setting, I guarantee it.
(2015-04-01, 12:15)JesusOnEez Wrote: Sorry, I meant the HP API key in NZBGet, not the other way around. It's all working lovely on mine albeit it on a Synology NAS (so linux). Since HP is based on CouchPotato it's got to be a setup issue somewhere, whether it's a typo in a directory location, lowercase where there should be upper case...it's going to be something small if it's not immediately obvious.

Since CouchPotato is working, I'd copy and paste as many of the settings as possible from that to HeadPhones. Is HeadPhones snatching NZB files OK? If so, then the problem is with NZBGet's 'watch' folder for music. Check your folder names, check what folders NZBGet is looking in and so on. HeadPhones and NZBGet don't 'talk' to each other (via API) until the point of post processing in NZBGet, so if the NZB files aren't getting to NZBGet, then the problem is with the NZBGet setup specific to the music category.

Worth checking first though in the download settings. I use the absolute IP address of the machine (even though it's localhost), so in my case, '192.168.0.11:6789' points to NZBGet. Obviously you need your server to have a static IP address which it should have anyway.

Check, double check, triple check your settings. Then, when you're sure they're OK and it's still not working, wipe them all and start from scratch. It's a setting, I guarantee it.

Headphones has been working fine with Sabnzbd for the last few years, this is a migration to NZBGet as my downloader
I've done the same migration. It was a pain in the behind, as SAB and NZBGet work quite differently.
Ok, I got this sorted.
For anyone that's interested. Looking at the NZBGet logs showed denied authentication requests to the local IP of my router. I added this IP to authorised to connect to NZBGet. This is a strange bug, the url Headphones is using is "localhost:6789" so should not be coming from the router as both software are running locally on the same box.
Now that is weird. Glad you got it sorted.
when I run the "Force Update Active Artists [Fast]" from manage section, it gives me the following error and stops the update after a while
any one knows the python command to run the "Force Update Active Artists [Fast]" or the url for that action ?
so I can set a cron job to run the script on a schedule .

Code:
ERROR    Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/logger.py", line 210, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/updater.py", line 28, in dbUpdate
importer.addArtisttoDB(artistid=artistid, extrasonly=False, forcefull=forcefull)
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/importer.py", line 474, in addArtisttoDB
cache.getThumb(AlbumID=rg['id'])
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/cache.py", line 460, in getThumb
artwork_path = c.get_thumb_from_cache(ArtistID, AlbumID)
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/cache.py", line 168, in get_thumb_from_cache
self._update_cache()
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/cache.py", line 410, in _update_cache
artwork = request.request_content(thumb_url, timeout=20)
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/request.py", line 180, in request_content
response = request_response(url, **kwargs)
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/request.py", line 115, in request_response
server_message(e.response)
File "/opt/headphones/headphones/request.py", line 209, in server_message
if "text/html" in response.headers.get("content-type"):
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

(2011-06-17, 18:58)darkscout Wrote: The #1 thing that I think you should make sure you have from the beginning is an API. It makes writing 3rd party stuff much easier. Stroll into the store, scan a barcode with my Android phone.... scan bar code in java

Where to get the API? I'm just a newbie.
Anyone know how to get headphones to stop looking for the folders of failed downloads? I'm starting to get a list of ten plus albums that it constantly checks to see if they exist.
(2015-05-07, 14:19)jamesd86 Wrote: Anyone know how to get headphones to stop looking for the folders of failed downloads? I'm starting to get a list of ten plus albums that it constantly checks to see if they exist.

Thats one option I have been looking for too ...
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

• 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9