Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Soujirou Seta Offline
this tread is in doommm.....it's a shame..............because, the program is revolutionary
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-06 04:05 by Soujirou Seta.)
find quote
tonyschuite Offline
Hi there rembo Smile

I have a suggestion and I am not sure where to post it.
Can we add an option for the iTunes "black Hole" directory?

let me explain.
I use iTunes Match wich works pretty good. To Automate the process I have the processing dir of Headphones targeted towards the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder inside my iTunes Dir. Works like a charm. Headphones finds release, sends to sabnzbd, unpacks into music downloads dir, HP does post processing / re-encode, HP moves to itunes Dir, iTunes uploads to iCloud.
All automated.

However: now my HP database is "broken". My suggestion would be to add a check when HP cannot find missing files from the media directory, to look in a specific Directory (where iTunes copies the media to).

I Hope this can be added. If someone has a suggestion to post this somewhere else, please let me know.
find quote
66butch Offline
(2015-01-15 01:18)tonyschuite Wrote:  Hi there rembo Smile

I have a suggestion and I am not sure where to post it.
Can we add an option for the iTunes "black Hole" directory?

let me explain.
I use iTunes Match wich works pretty good. To Automate the process I have the processing dir of Headphones targeted towards the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder inside my iTunes Dir. Works like a charm. Headphones finds release, sends to sabnzbd, unpacks into music downloads dir, HP does post processing / re-encode, HP moves to itunes Dir, iTunes uploads to iCloud.
All automated.

However: now my HP database is "broken". My suggestion would be to add a check when HP cannot find missing files from the media directory, to look in a specific Directory (where iTunes copies the media to).

I Hope this can be added. If someone has a suggestion to post this somewhere else, please let me know.

If I am understanding this correctly, you are talking about the automation destination not being the same as the library destination causing the regular scan to come up empty after iTunes grabs the files and moves them. In other words, HP performs all of the steps, but then when HP scans the library, it removes the downloaded files from the DB as missing?

If that is the case, keep your post processing destination the same in "Settings-->Quality & Post Processing-->Destination Directory", and you can change your library location in "Manage-->Scan Music Library-->Path To Directory" to the location that iTunes copies the media to. All of the automation will remain the same, but you will be pointing the library scan to the actual folder where iTunes copied the media to instead of the post process destination folder. Upon scanning, the HP DB will check and add/remove as needed to match the actual tracks in the directory.

Make the change in "Manage", then select "Automatically Scan Library-->Save Changes and Scan", and the HP DB will rebuild itself with the tracks located in the file that iTunes moves the music to.
find quote