Movie Set Thumbnails
Question 
Hi All,

I have recently accumulated so many movies that sorting through them has become a chore so I have started organizing them into sets to minimize scroll time. For example, the 6 star wars movies show up in the library as a single icon called The Star Wars Saga.

My problem is that I am completely useless at graphic design and have been unable to find any suitable Movie Set Thumbnails. I want a set thumbnail that indicates its a series or trilogy etc. The only one that I have found so far is Harry Potter (See here http://bit.ly/mfQ6z9 )

Does any one know of a site that has movie set thumbs?
wintland Wrote:Hi All,

I have recently accumulated so many movies that sorting through them has become a chore so I have started organizing them into sets to minimize scroll time. For example, the 6 star wars movies show up in the library as a single icon called The Star Wars Saga.

My problem is that I am completely useless at graphic design and have been unable to find any suitable Movie Set Thumbnails. I want a set thumbnail that indicates its a series or trilogy etc. The only one that I have found so far is Harry Potter (See here http://bit.ly/mfQ6z9 )

Does any one know of a site that has movie set thumbs?
I usually just use the Image from the first movie in the series....
Ya that's what I am doing currently but the OCD in me just isnt satisfied! I really love the way the Harry Potter image I linked has the DVD's sticking out the side so as to indicate multiple movies are hiding behind the image.

Ive been trying to make my own but I have the creativity and style of a dyslexic color blind pirate with an eye patch (ok, I took that a little too far, sorry).
check out the link below for more of what your looking for.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...-demonseed

The credit goes to demonseed for the creation of these, I just use them.
wintland Wrote:Ya that's what I am doing currently but the OCD in me just isnt satisfied! I really love the way the Harry Potter image I linked has the DVD's sticking out the side so as to indicate multiple movies are hiding behind the image.

Ive been trying to make my own but I have the creativity and style of a dyslexic color blind pirate with an eye patch (ok, I took that a little too far, sorry).

I used to use YAMJ when I have Popcorn Hour units and it would stack the covers very nicely so you could see that it was a box set or series.
SamHill you are my hero. That's EXACTLY the kind of site I was hoping for.

Thanks so much!!
wintland Wrote:SamHill you are my hero. That's EXACTLY the kind of site I was hoping for.

Thanks so much!!

No problem, glad the site helped.
Look here on TMDB http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/10/posters
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Those are nice too Paul. How did you find that? If I search for Star wars Collection in the search box it says no results found...searching for just star wars lists all of the individual movies but not the collection.
Nevermind, I figured it out.

Search for one of the movies in the collection and on the left menu it says "Part of the xxx collection". Clicking that link takes you to the collection art.

Thanks!
Anybody has success in choosing fanart for the movie set? It seems always to take the last fanart in the set and use that. I've tried both: putting a fanart.jpg file in the directory (named the same as the set) where the set is, and also movie_set_name.jpg. Neither works!
That's because you cannot currently set fanart for sets
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:That's because you cannot currently set fanart for sets

Thanks for answering, X. Saved me sometime trying :-) it's nice to have but really OK with any one of the fan arts in the background.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set Thumbnails0