Bass Control In Movies?
Hi,

I have done a search and found some quite obscure results but anyway, when watching my movies, the bass is just too much, enough that it means I need to turn the movie down because of it but then I can't hear the speaking.

Is there any plugins/addons or anything that I can use to control the bass from within XBMC?

Other than that have had no problems whatsoever with XBMC, best media player I have used.

Regards
Jon
PS : Oh and hi lol
Are you going into a AV reciever or just the TV? What audio out are you using? Typically TVs and AV receivers have bass control. Are you using a subwoofer?

Make sure that under settings - audio that the speaker configuration is set to what you are using. Try checking/unchecking "boost volume on downmix" to see if that helps.
Hi,

Sorry I should have said, its going through the X-Fi soundcard in my PC to a set of 5.1's

I tried the boost volume on downmix but nothing.

If I use Media Centre in Windows 7 volumes are fine, bass/vocals etc are all normal so I can only assume its something to do with XBMC.

Regards
Jon
Should also ask while I am here, is there any way to seek forward or back without having to use the fast forward or rewind?

I like it in Media Centre where you can just click anywhere on the timeline to move to a point but I dont see any timeline in XBMC.

Thanks
Jon
If using a 5.1 speaker system, have you set the audio option to 5.1? might be good to take a look at your audio settings in windows and make sure that is set to 5.1 (if you have the speakers for that)
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bass Control In Movies?0