Moving all my medias. Which tool to update the db ?
Hello,

I am thinking of moving all my media Files to my NAS.

Today, I have all my Vids in d:\Videos.
If I move them onto the NAS, they will be located to R:\Videos.

Is there a way to update the Library DB without rescrapping ?

Thanks !
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
you are going to need to change the paths of your shares, doing that "may" allow you to update without re scraping...don't quote me though.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
of course, I can map the d:\ to the NAS, but that's not what I want.

I need to keep my D:\ as a local drive for other things that runs on the same computer.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
Couldn't you just export the DB and do a search and replace of the path and then import it after clearing it?
Tuxon86 Wrote:Couldn't you just export the DB and do a search and replace of the path and then import it after clearing it?

Yes, export the library and choose the export to single file option. Then open the XML file in your favourite text editor and replace D:\ by R:\. Then delete the old database and import your edited version.

Actually I'd backup rather than delete the old database just in case.

JR
Thank you for the export/import tip, that's exactly what I need.

I will let you know if it worked or not when I will do it.
the export/import trick worked great. It's easy to do.

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving all my medias. Which tool to update the db ?0