XBMC Gaming sub forum?
Anybody else thinks it could be useful to have a gaming sub forum?

XBMC gaming community seems to be continuously growing in the past months. Alone Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser threads have grown over 350 pages. Additionally there are several gaming related threads cluttered all over the forum.

Also a lot of general gaming information is hidden in the addon specific threads (mostly ALA and RCB) but could be interesting for both user groups (general emulator setups, controller configuration, useful scripts, ...). Having a sub forum could encourage users to create a specific thread instead of posting it in the addon related threads.

Just fyi an incomplete list of gaming threads that have been active in the past weeks:
Advanced Launcher
Rom Collection Browser
MAME Frontend
Emulatopia
Thumbnails for Video Games
TheGamesDB.net
HOW TO: Setup Xbox 360 Controller quickly in XBMC Live
Native game for XBMC?
[LIVE] Screen Goes Blank during Games
XBMC Live Dharma 10.1 Emulation
XBMC LIVE and Emulators
XBMC Emulator setup similar to this...
[LIVE] How To: Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
[AppleTV2] Emulators on ATV2?
Cant add game shortcuts in "programs" section
[Live] Is anyone using Kega Fusion under Dharma ? Please help !

Not sure if gaming is just 1 of 100 other categories like "Live TV", "Recording", etc. that also could request to have sub forums somewhere. I admit that I have kind of a gaming centric view on XBMCSmile.
I do. It would be very helpful.
+1
I would love for this to happen.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
+1
I would like to see a video game section.
I mainly use my HTPC for TV Shows/Movies and have just started using it for the the odd single player game via advanced launcher and don't really want to start visiting hardcore gaming forums for general chat about it.
T800 Wrote:I would like to see a video game section.
I mainly use my HTPC for TV Shows/Movies and have just started using it for the the odd single player game via advanced launcher and don't really want to start visiting hardcore gaming forums for general chat about it.
If you want Advanced Launcher have a dedicated forum : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/index.php
Angelscry Wrote:If you want Advanced Launcher have a dedicated forum : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/index.php

Good to know, thanks for that! Big Grin
Gaming subforum is a must!
yup!
I do not want Advanced Launcher been categorized as a simple XBMC game add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Gaming sub forum?4