New and several general questions
I am new to htpc and xbmc. I heard about this stuff just 2 days ago. So I have sone general questions.

Questions:
1. Can a htpc running xbmc stream blu ray copied DVDs to a hdmi matrix switch? This would allow me to watch the movies in any room?
2. Can the htpc with xbmc simultaneously stream music to another zone while I watch a movie in a different zone? This would mean I do not need nuvo or squeezeboxes for music
3. Can I use iPad to control the htpc and see cover art, etc ( same display as on tv)?
4. What can kalidescape or mozaex do that a xmbc box cannot?
5. Which extenders are best suited to stream to multiple locations if a single xmbc box cannot do it?
6. If everything will be stored on a unraid server, can I get away with cheap low spec xmbc boxes as players? What type of build would I need to have?
7. What are the advantges of xmbc to windows media center
Confusedxx Wrote:I am new to htpc and xbmc. I heard about this stuff just 2 days ago. So I have sone general questions.

Questions:
1. Can a htpc running xbmc stream blu ray copied DVDs to a hdmi matrix switch? This would allow me to watch the movies in any room?

YES....from your HTPC plug in HDMI into the Matrix...if you want multi-channel audio from HDMI make sure your OS and hardware support it.

2. Can the htpc with xbmc simultaneously stream music to another zone while I watch a movie in a different zone? This would mean I do not need nuvo or squeezeboxes for music

YES...if your storage PC can handle it. I can watch multiple movies at the same time from movies stored on a P4 over a 10/100 network.

3. Can I use iPad to control the htpc and see cover art, etc ( same display as on tv)?

YES

4. What can kalidescape or mozaex do that a XBMC box cannot?

Be original and get delivered to you for FREE!!! You don't need to own a yacht (Thanks dev team...)

5. Which extenders are best suited to stream to multiple locations if a single XBMC box cannot do it?

Multiroom video and audio plugin.

6. If everything will be stored on a unraid server, can I get away with cheap low spec XBMC boxes as players? What type of build would I need to have?

YES..I hear the Apple TV2 are awesome at 99 bucks you can't beat it.

7. What are the advantges of XBMC to windows media center

It isn't a Microsoft Product!! and there are too many awesome advantages to mention.

You should check out the Wiki for most of your questions, you will find most of your answers there.

P.S. My favorite marketing quote on the Mozaex webpage "Enjoyed by Yacht Owners Worldwide!"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New and several general questions0