ISO and VIDEO_TS
I've read on the forums that xbmc for apple tv 2 doesn't read ISO and video_ts, but that some versions or in some circumstances it does.

So I'm wondering, which versions can run ISO and video_ts? I'm on ATV 4.1.1 and XBMC 10.0-0
Should I update the ATV and/or XBMC? Last time I did I had to come back because the update of ATV and XBMC didn't work together (only nightly builds, and not keen on that). Thanks!
No news on that. You probably have the latest official version (19th february). If you want hardware video decoding on iOS 4.2.1+ and ISO support you have to use the nightlies.
nmat Wrote:No news on that. You probably have the latest official version (19th february). If you want hardware video decoding on iOS 4.2.1+ and ISO support you have to use the nightlies.

Not anymore, 10.0-8 was just pushed out.
davilla Wrote:Not anymore, 10.0-8 was just pushed out.

Hmm, only found 1 reference to 10.0-8, nothing in the wiki's. I guess it's coming soon or where can I see the instructions and limitations for 10.0-8? Thanks!
Do I have to update ios as well? I'm still on 4.1.1 (as shown by my atv 2).
just login to your atv and do apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade and you should be updated. OR if you have nito tv installed it probably could be done in the menu too (haven't tried myself)
yabbiman Wrote:OR if you have nito tv installed it probably could be done in the menu too (haven't tried myself)

That's what I did. Still the questions remains whether or not I should update my ios as well (which would be bad, because the AppleTV update path on Apple's servers is not working right now).
I have done that some time ago. Can't say it works better than before, given that I really don't care about the standard apps of the ATV2 (there are some issues solved in airplay and youtube in that FW) I just use the unit for XBMC. Hell I wouldn't even have bought it if it couldn't be JB'd and run it ;-)
Same here. The FAQs state that one needs to upgrade ios in order to install a nightly build. So I am wondering if this is necessary to upgrade to the latest official release 10.0-8. My guess would be yes but you never know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO and VIDEO_TS0