• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)
nessus Wrote:The control of the infopanel fanart for tv shows is in Includes_Fanart.xml between lines 56 & 66.

Cheers
Nessus

I'm lost!
All I want to do is move the fanart (with the proper aspect ratio) to the right (out from behind the "texture" used for the show list). But it doesn't work... It's driving me nuts... Or, it may just not be possible to do?

I think I am just going to make custom fanart images for all of my TV Shows with the scaled fanart in the location I want.

It would have been nice if I could have done this with the xml file! Or, did I miss something really, really simple?

Thanks for your efforts...
thewarm Wrote:I'm lost!
All I want to do is move the fanart (with the proper aspect ratio) to the right (out from behind the "texture" used for the show list). But it doesn't work... It's driving me nuts... Or, it may just not be possible to do?

I think I am just going to make custom fanart images for all of my TV Shows with the scaled fanart in the location I want.

It would have been nice if I could have done this with the xml file! Or, did I miss something really, really simple?

Thanks for your efforts...

Never mind. Download this and extract the files to your Xperience More skin folder and you are good to go.

Cheers
Nessus
nessus Wrote:Never mind. Download this and extract the files to your Xperience More skin folder and you are good to go.

Cheers
Nessus

A very big thank you! It works perfectly. There is more to XBMC skinning than there is creating a Media Center Theme.

Without access to that texture file I was spinning my wheels for hours yesterday trying to get this right. I got Carpal Tunnel editing all of my fanart images!

Very COOL.

Now, can you figure out how to have the Xperience More skin get me a cold one from the fridge (some sort of home automation addon?) he he
little question
is this possible to make shutdown menu in guide? (for example, i dont need to call shutdown menu, i just call guide menu and choosing shutdown panel)
I used to drink
I used to smoke and then I'd dance
Ironing out the last few "quirks"...

I've been enjoying this mod quite a bit! During daily use I have discovered a couple of things... When I use FF during a movie, there is no indication of what speed I'm going at (2X, 4X...etc.).

And, in the Weather Panel, the temp is blank for the current day's Hi temp. (the temp is displayed in the AM, but not in the PM.) strange one. (Seattle WA, Hilton Head SC, Seattle - Boeing Field)

Also, I have a question about Xperience in general. The "Stage" that is on the home screen. Why is it not in the rest of the views? Can it be removed? Or made transparent? (just curious).

Great work on this mod!
I just put together a new system for under $200. I am using a MSI E350IA-E45 motherboard with 4GB RAM. It is not a powerful as the core i3 I am replacing, so a "light" skin is important. Xperience More work great!

I'm using an old 100GB laptop drive for the OS (Win 7 x86) and the 1TB WD Green drive from my previous HTPC for media storage. Sure is Green!
thewarm Wrote:I've been enjoying this mod quite a bit! During daily use I have discovered a couple of things... When I use FF during a movie, there is no indication of what speed I'm going at (2X, 4X...etc.).
That is by design but maybe in futere i will add the indicators for the FF speeds.

thewarm Wrote:And, in the Weather Panel, the temp is blank for the current day's Hi temp. (the temp is displayed in the AM, but not in the PM.) strange one. (Seattle WA, Hilton Head SC, Seattle - Boeing Field)
It looks fine in my setup.

thewarm Wrote:AAlso, I have a question about Xperience in general. The "Stage" that is on the home screen. Why is it not in the rest of the views? Can it be removed? Or made transparent? (just curious).

Yes. You can remove the stage completely by deleting everything from line 120 to 151 in Includes_Window-Contents.xml.

Nice setup. Simple and clean.
So... is my mod runs smoothly and on low power systems ?.

Cheers
Nessus
With the stage removed it gives the skin a cleaner look.

Your skin runs quite well on my Brazos. The only thing I notice is a very slight hesitation when I bring up the "info" screen while playing a movie. But that happens when there is too much eye candy... I used to use the Neon skin with my i3. Lots of "clear art". It didn't phase the i3, but it is too much for the little Brazos. So I switch between JX 720 and your skin. I like the TV Guide feature in your skin. (Although I still have a problem when there are more than 6 shows on a given day.)

BTW, I use the "Info Panel" view for both my Movies and TV Shows. It's nice to have the same look and feel as I switch between video content. That brings up a general XBMC question... I was trying to create a "Smart Playlist" called Now Playing that contains both my Movies and TV Shows. I guess because of the different scrapers, XBMC won't let me do this. I was trying to get the look of my TiVo.

Thanks again for helping me with all of these extra mods to your excellent skin!
for a consistent look, is it possible to change the color of the now playing text from blue to orange? What xml do I find this in please?

I sure hope you don't mind me making all these changes to your fine work... Shocked
No. Not at all... after all i did the same with the original Xperience. So... "mod" yourself out !!!

In Include_Now-Paying.xml file in line 459 change this : <textcolor>FF7ACAFE</textcolor> with this : <textcolor>FFFFB827</textcolor>.

Cheers
Nessus
nessus Wrote:No. Not at all... after all i did the same with the original Xperience. So... "mod" yourself out !!!

In Include_Now-Paying.xml file in line 459 change this : <textcolor>FF7ACAFE</textcolor> with this : <textcolor>FFFFB827</textcolor>.

Cheers
Nessus

Thanks, I never would have found that on my own!
thewarm Wrote:BTW, I use the "Info Panel" view for both my Movies and TV Shows. It's nice to have the same look and feel as I switch between video content.

Something like this ?.....

MOVIES

TV SHOWS

SEASONS

EPISODES

BTW... i need some feedback on this. Something is missing or something is wrong ?.

What do you people think ?

Cheers
Nessus
When I use the "Info Panel" view for Movies or TV Shows, the background is dim compared to the Weather display (dark view?). Is there a way to change this?
I'd like the background to be the same brightness.
Thank you, Steve

can I remove the lines that say
<texture background="true" diffuse="views/info panel/diffuse/panel-diffuse.png" />
from the Includes_Fanart.xml
nessus Wrote:Something like this ?.....

BTW... i need some feedback on this. Something is missing or something is wrong ?.

What do you people think ?

Cheers
Nessus

Great! So this isn't in the skin yet?
Japaja Wrote:Great! So this isn't in the skin yet?

Not yet but soon.

thewarm Wrote:I'd like the background to be the same brightness.

In Includes_Window-Contents.xml on line 541 remove this : | Control.IsVisible(53).

Cheers
Nessus
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)5