How do I get individual TV dvd rips to show up?
I am not talking about in the TV series menu but when I rip a disc from a season of a show, Mad Men for example, I have season 3 and ripped one of the many discs to the drive and put it in the monitored movie directory but it wont show up in the library mode. I can see and play in the file list view but nothing will be there for the disc or directory when it's in library.

Is there a way to get xbmc to show discs it doesnt exactly know what they are? Like maybe just show the directory name and a ? for the meta data?

Or do I need to do something different for TV season rips? I read the whole wiki about TV naming conventions and it's doing individual episode files just fine, but I cant get xbmc to do anything with discs from seasons of shows.

directory structure is..

c:\movies\Mad Men\vob and ifo files here

that goes right alone with how i have something like'

c:\movies\The Fifth Element\vob and ifo files here
tvshow s01e01

or multi ep files s01e01e02
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Death-Axe Wrote:tvshow s01e01

or multi ep files s01e01e02

So if it's Mad Men, Season 3, Disc 2, which has episodes 4 5 6 it would be..

c:\movies\Mad Men s03e01e02e03\dvd vob and other files here

?

Like I said, I dont want anything fancy like individual episode selection, just to get it so I can simply select and play the disc files from the library mode and not have to switch to file mode.
Jezo Wrote:So if it's Mad Men, Season 3, Disc 2, which has episodes 4 5 6 it would be..

c:\movies\Mad Men s03e01e02e03\dvd vob and other files here

?

Like I said, I dont want anything fancy like individual episode selection, just to get it so I can simply select and play the disc files from the library mode and not have to switch to file mode.
not exactly.

Since this is a TV Show.
Code:
c:\movies\Mad Men s03e01e02e03\dvd vob
is invalid
Use
Code:
c:\TV Shows\Mad Men\Season 3\Mad Men - S03E01-03
Also if you could rip to an ISO (vob for TV Shows don't have much support)
since you are using vob files there shouldn't be a real difference in size.
Code:
c:\TV Shows\Mad Men\Season 3\Mad Men - S03E01-03 - SD DVD.iso

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get individual TV dvd rips to show up?0