revo 3600 - worth using windows vers?
Hi all, been using xbmc for years. Linux version.

But I would prefer to use windows, I was wondering if its worth using on windows now or is there still loads of problems with video playback being stuttery?

Sorry for the noob post, but I've just spent the last 30mins trying to sort something out on linux and failing as I'm not really a linux user.

Thanks,

Muttyhc.
I've got Windows 7 on mine and it's being working great for more than a year now.
YodaEXE Wrote:I've got Windows 7 on mine and it's being working great for more than a year now.

hi mate- thanks for your reply.

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction of how to set it up to the optimal settings?

I assume I would follow simple steps such as -> install w7 -> install gcard drivers/ adobe flash 10.1 then xbmc?
YodaEXE Wrote:I've got Windows 7 on mine and it's being working great for more than a year now.

And it'll only get better as time goes on, DXVA improvements and newer features like Dirty Regions http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/06/19/workin...y-regions/ come in + the eventual shift to event based GUI (unless that's been canned now).. the futures bright.

One of the things I love about XBMC is watching the fast pace of development on the forums / trac.
hr21 Wrote:hi mate- thanks for your reply.

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction of how to set it up to the optimal settings?

I assume I would follow simple steps such as -> install w7 -> install gcard drivers/ adobe flash 10.1 then xbmc?

I'm on an R3700 but that's pretty much all I did. Install the latest drivers you can get hold of and ensure that DXVA is enabled in XBMC. (Settings, Video, Playback, enable DXVA2) - has played everything I've thrown at it without any issues.
lovely, cheers.
btw - you didn't use dsplayer then?
hr21 Wrote:btw - you didn't use dsplayer then?

nope, no need on vista/win7 with dxva unless you really want to fine-tune the codecs / post processing etc (tbh i've practically no experience with dsplayer)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
revo 3600 - worth using windows vers?0