Dirty regions
CrashX Wrote:Would be nice if it was GUI setting instead of Advanced Settings for now temporarly so that is easier to test it ?

temp to test it before it becomes default
I've been testing it out and the only problem I found so far was the Settings in XeeBo -

http://youtu.be/lGc4LAzKqZU
EDIT: Don't know if it's useful info, but it shows correctly again after a moment.

There seams to be an issue with horizontal scrolling and ZOOM animation, if zoomed item is larger than a container.

Here's a photo:

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

and the same by me, also the labels.

Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
I created an advancedsettings.xml file and entered the following text into the file. However, it doesn't do anything on the 06/26/2011 nightly build. Am I missing something? Thanks.

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions]2</algorithmdirtyregions>
<visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions/>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

I noticed that after installing this build, the idle power consumption dropped from 17watts to 15watts. This is without the advancedsettings.xml file. Is the dirty-regions processing enabled by default on the new builds?
jacky89 Wrote:I created an advancedsettings.xml file and entered the following text into the file. However, it doesn't do anything on the 06/26/2011 nightly build. Am I missing something? Thanks.

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions]2</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

You have a ] where you need to have a >
gabbott Wrote:You have a ] where you need to have a >

Oh good catch... hehe. I fixed it but still I don't see any effect.

should be

<visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
pieh Wrote:<visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions/>

should be

<visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions>

Thanks. Fixed it. Also I just corrected another issue. The advancedsettings.xml file needs to go in the C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

and not C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata
I can happily confirm that this no longer happens.

Hitcher Wrote:I've been testing it out and the only problem I found so far was the Settings in XeeBo -

http://youtu.be/lGc4LAzKqZU
Decided to try out the dirty regions feature and ran into a pretty big problem as can be seen in the screenshot:

Debug log is here.

To those that didn't have any problem with this feature can I ask you: what build are you running? Could this be a problem with the graphics card? Drivers are up to date, I'm just wondering if this is another ATI vs. nVidia issue.
Sranshaft Wrote:Decided to try out the dirty regions feature and ran into a pretty big problem as can be seen in the screenshot:

Debug log is here.

To those that didn't have any problem with this feature can I ask you: what build are you running? Could this be a problem with the graphics card? Drivers are up to date, I'm just wondering if this is another ATI vs. nVidia issue.
Sranshaft,

If your issue is the red and green regions its because you are using the code
PHP Code:
<visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions
This is for skinners to see what dirty regions are being picked up. Set the above to false and you will be using dirty region code without the visualisation.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

That's just to see what's happening - turn off visualizedirtyregions.
wyrm Wrote:Sranshaft,

If your issue is the red and green regions its because you are using the code
PHP Code:
<visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions
This is for skinners to see what dirty regions are being picked up. Set the above to false and you will be using dirty region code without the visualisation.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ah, fair enough. I was wondering where I was going wrong. Thanks for that. I should have read into it a little more. Good to know it was an issue on my end. Nod
jmarshall Wrote:Make sure you let us know what those issues are Smile

Here JM thats part of what I was able to uncover with default skin.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=850...stcount=29

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dirty regions0