"Unable to connect to remote server" when scraper finds no results.
As covered in topic Movie scraping not working, my end or are they broken? and in ticket #11649.

Since a few weeks back, there's no way for CVideoInfoDownloader to differentiate whether a scraper fails or if just no results could be found. It simply always indicates an error when the scraper returns with an empty movielist, which would trigger a confusing error for the user "Unable to connect to remote server, continue scanning?" when scanning for changes in the library.

I've made some changes so that CVideoInfoDownloader only indicates an error if Scraper actually throws an error. The video scanner can then correctly handle both the cases when an error in the scraper occurred and when no results were found.

Since that solution involves some sizable changes, I've opened this topic to discuss if my suggested solution is a good approach. I've attached the suggested changes as a patch to ticket #11649: http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/1...rror.patch
just a general fyi; response rates on pull req's are much higher these days.
Scoped fix - should restore previous behavior: 215 (PR). Cleanly separates returning an error and returning no results using an "abort" CScraperError exception.
when can we expect this fix to be released?
samzstein Wrote:when can we expect this fix to be released?

Depends when committers get a chance to validate and commit it. If you build from source, of course you can apply the fix directly.
can u build it from source and post it somewhere?

....pretty please?
samzstein Wrote:can u build it from source and post it somewhere?

....pretty please?

I probably don't have the same configuration as you. Possibly not even the same OS. Check the wiki if you want to see how to build for yourself. The committers seem to be pretty good about getting fixes applied, though.
the newest nightly does NOT have this fixed Sad
samzstein Wrote:the newest nightly does NOT have this fixed Sad

time to roll back to stable.
Same here for quite some time (it appeared all of a sudden in one of the first i386 builds) using the nightlies on MacOS...
Absolutely right! This is a confusing message, which should be fixed.
Maybe a setting for skipping non found database automatically entries
would be welcome. If I enable auto update on start, I will always get this
message. The I always have to move through all the non found content.
Is there any way to roll back the version on an iOS install (Apple TV2)?

I upgraded my ATV2 to FW 4.3.3 to remedy the the broken Netflix functionality, and when I installed the only version of XBMC available through NitoTV, it was the new build, with this issue, among other undesirable things (broken skins are a bummer too Sad
did this ever get fixed?
samzstein Wrote:did this ever get fixed?

Wow... really?

First post, trac ticket. Press the link. It'll take you somewhere. READ IT.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Unable to connect to remote server" when scraper finds no results.1