XBMC Music Video XML Creator - For Adding all Music Videos To Library
Just logged in for the first time in ages to thank u for your very usefull software.

Now i'm just hoping that it wil be possible to browse by artist.. but that the XBMC side

Thnx

i just saw u included the option to write the artist name as album name so i guess this wil make it possible to select videos bij artist!
jacksonliam Wrote:V11

Okay now I have implemented file copying and thumbnail creation. The latest one is 11.3MB because I have included FFMPEG, its easier to include it than find it if installed.
cool ill give a go on some test files
moving/copying/ re-naming and Nfo creation seem to work great.
it does create a .tbn for each media file however all of my .tbn files that it created were just empty dummy files.
Hmm so it wasn't creating proper tbn files? On my test files I opened them in FireFox and they appeared fine, I'll look into it! What format were the files?
Okay I found the problem, and fixed it. Thumbnail creation should work fine now, though takes a bit longer (probably because it is actually going into the video properly)

I can set a custom size for the thumbnail, or it can just be the size of the video, should I make the custom size thing an option?

v12
-Better (and working) thumbnail creation
-Thumnail box unticks if ffmpeg wont work/isnt found
working perfectly now ..nice job
Also working great for me!!! Great job!
Is anyone seeing some of the screencaps as just a blank grey square in xbmc? If anyone knows the best ffmpeg command to use let me know, I'll post up the one I'm using later.

Also if you make a new batch of nfos its best to remove the source in xbmc and clear it from the database and then add it again.
Will the NFO creator for music videos accept a file structure format like a TV series?

Music Videos\ArtistName\Artist DVD\TrackNumber - TrackName.Ext"

Do I need to put them all as ArtistName - TrackName in one file? I would rather not do that because I have about 6,000 music video files.

Thanks
i have a handful of thumbs that load as grey most of them are fine not sure why some are grey.
i didnt notice til you said something because i already had .tbn for all my MVs i just used a group of test files to test out your program.
I only had one file not get a thumb, but that was for a FLV video. I contributed it to the format of the video as to why it didn't have one. But I only have about 25+ music videos at the moment, so not a very large testing group. Are we still working to be able to scrape other information for the videos? Even if it just pulled it from the music database, genre and etc. I think that would be more then efficient for it, since there isn't much information available it seems for music videos..
Just running your app now, is there any chance you could give a progress/log to how it's going?

edit: I see there is a progress bar, funny enough the whole app froze for the first 10-15 mins, but its going now.

I see at least one 0 byte .tbn but there's nothing in the error pane yet

2nd edit - ok, looks like the app doesn't refresh itself whilst scanning (>1,600 music vids!)
RandomNinjaAtk Wrote:I only had one file not get a thumb, but that was for a FLV video. I contributed it to the format of the video as to why it didn't have one. But I only have about 25+ music videos at the moment, so not a very large testing group. Are we still working to be able to scrape other information for the videos? Even if it just pulled it from the music database, genre and etc. I think that would be more then efficient for it, since there isn't much information available it seems for music videos..
Looking at doing some scraping another time, but its hard work I have no idea where to start - but I'm learning all the time so features should come eventually!

Anastrophe Wrote:Just running your app now, is there any chance you could give a progress/log to how it's going?

edit: I see there is a progress bar, funny enough the whole app froze for the first 10-15 mins, but its going now.

I see at least one 0 byte .tbn but there's nothing in the error pane yet

2nd edit - ok, looks like the app doesn't refresh itself whilst scanning (>1,600 music vids!)
I have a new version coming (i'm publishing it as we speak) which would make it better for people like you who seem to have more music vid's than MTV themselves!

The problem was everything was done in one process, so when you clicked on go the application appeared to freeze up, it was still working you just had to wait.

I've now written it using multi-threads (don't get excited quad core peeps, its two threads - one for the GUI and one for processing Tongue) So the application won't appear to freeze while its going!
I don't think writing it with loads of threads would help things, mainly because I'm pretty sure its held back by IO speed of the HDD but also because I'm not that good a coder to make sure each thread gets its own core!

I don't get ffmpeg errors sent back to the application, the tbn file making is just a filename handed off to an exe - I did try to write it with error reporting but I couldn't stop the black command prompts poping up and taking focus for every single file which made using your PC while the application was running impossible.
v13
Multi-threaded so application shouldn't freeze up!
New, better way to check ffmpeg is working.

This could be buggy, its the first time I've made a multi-threaded application. I tested all the features but please report any bugs you may find!

http://www.mediafire.com/?fa8az044dfks1q8
cool,
i never really noticed an issue with this as a single thread app but i wasnt trying to do anything else with it while it was scanning files.
i have about 900 videos in my test folder ...far more on the media server but 900 should be plenty for a taxing test run on this program.
ill let you know how it goes once i get a chance to try it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Music Video XML Creator - For Adding all Music Videos To Library0